Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after many months of waiting, my Classic arrived and guess what? It's a 2016 model! First one here that my dealer is aware of. Nice. Let the mods begin!

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
So what's different about a 2016 model then?

Ps It's still 2015. Your bike was manufactured in 2015. It was also delivered in 2015. Your bike is a 2015 ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
So what's different about a 2016 model then?

Ps It's still 2015. Your bike was manufactured in 2015. It was also delivered in 2015. Your bike is a 2015 ;)
Just a daft labelling system they have in USA as far as i can tell as there is no difference!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to my dealer there is no difference. Most telling is these are selling! We don't usually start seeing next years models here until fall part of the year.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
According to my dealer there is no difference. Most telling is these are selling! We don't usually start seeing next years models here until fall part of the year.
So if there is no difference how can it be a 2016 model?

Your dealer is feeding you BS. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
So if there is no difference how can it be a 2016 model?
Manufacturers don't always change things between model years, but I honestly don't think there are any 2016 models out yet. Might want to check the pink slip or registration, but my bet is that it's still a 2015.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Manufacturers don't always change things between model years, but I honestly don't think there are any 2016 models out yet. Might want to check the pink slip or registration, but my bet is that it's still a 2015.
Checked all the paperwork/ VIN and it's a 2016. There might be minor changes such as colors in the next couple of years, I assume.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Checked all the paperwork/ VIN and it's a 2016. There might be minor changes such as colors in the next couple of years, I assume.
This has to be a US bureaucratic thing then, because unless something changes (colour, parts, spec etc) then the model doesn't change here in the UK.

Unless I'm now out of touch but it never used to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This has to be a US bureaucratic thing then, because unless something changes (colour, parts, spec etc) then the model doesn't change here in the UK.

Unless I'm now out of touch but it never used to.
I don't think it is US bureaucracy that is determining the production year of bikes made in Italy. I am sure the factory will make that determination.

My local shop is showing a 2016 is about to arrive. I'll check with them tomorrow and see when it is supposed to arrive.

NC

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Ducati close down for august , I'm sure I read somewhere that the following year models start to be assembled in September,
Must say I've never fully understood how next years model can be made in the previous year :rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
My Urban Enduro is a 2016. Production for the model year of the vehicle generally starts in the year prior.

For instance, we are starting production for a MY16 vehicle at work in less than a month (September 2015). They will hit stores before 2016. January is when vehicles for next year are able to start being sold.

See difference between USA and Europe here:

Model year - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
733 Posts
So it's American kidology

No Not just American - I went to look at my New Icon in the dealer in UK today and it too is a 2016 Model

As was the 3 or 4 that he had there in crates

He also had 1 or each in the showroom - So has stock - Hyside in Romford Essex.

He also had Red and White Multistrada DVT S there too.

upload_2015-8-11_21-38-2.png

·
Registered
733 Posts
No - I doubt it the only difference that I could see or the dealer was aware of was this sticker said 16 not 15 as on ones from earlier this year and a similar sticker on the box..

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
So it's the sticker that's. 2016 then, and not the bike? ;)

Ps. I can guarantee the bike is exactly the same as all the others produced do far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts