Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my black1100 Scrambler today.
I realy like the way the headlight ring and mirrors turned out that I swapped from my 800.When I came home I removed all the nasty stickers and restuck them underneath the seat. Finally placed some black frame plugs and then it turned to dark.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Adding the sport seat - also has a bit of yellow in stitching - so ties the yellow together.

Also a tank protector - similar to ductai black one - with a yellow edging pin stripe and 1100 logo for sale in Italy - that suits it to.. may get one of those... that way a bit of yellow on tank too as well as shock and seat.

NICE BIKE - like mirrors...

Are they standard width or wider than stock?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have an itch for a black one at the moment. Do you think a dealer would change the seat for a sport one? Or if I bought a sport change the bars for the higher standard ones?
At the moment my plan is to wait until next year and try to pick one up used with extras.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE BIKE - like mirrors...

Are they standard width or wider than stock?
Thanks! I guess they are about the same width but I can definitly see more in these then the stock ones. The stock ones don't twist down enough for my liking and also vibrate more at certain speeds. Also like the more classic round look.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You would need to buy the seat or bars

100 to 150 for bars

Or

200 to 220 for Seat

If you like Matt Paint then the Ohlins is a nice addition

But standard suspension is also good so no need to worry for that if you buy a base or special

I wanted Gloss Black - don’t like Matt paint finish so bought standard

I was thinking to upgrade to Ohlins but when you ride bike you realise there is no need.

Also thought of buying Sport and having it painted but thought it may hurt residual being a mixed bike

A new tank and panels were from memory 1200

So in end just decided try standard - glad I did - no regrets

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks! I guess they are about the same width but I can definitly see more in these then the stock ones. The stock ones don't twist down enough for my liking and also vibrate more at certain speeds. Also like the more classic round look.

Thanks

I have mirror extender but would prefer just wider mirrors to be a more intergrated look

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am sure you know they have good finance offers at minute

Also if they have stock as it’s grtting winter time you should be able to push on a deal

How old is your 800?

Would you PX that? Or keep both?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have an itch for a black one at the moment. Do you think a dealer would change the seat for a sport one? Or if I bought a sport change the bars for the higher standard ones?
At the moment my plan is to wait until next year and try to pick one up used with extras.
He might, all depends of course if you're trading in your old bike and how bad he wants to sell the bike he's got in stock.
Personally the mat paint on the sport and the shiny gold Öhlins fork make the bike loose some of it's retro appeal to me. Not that the Sport isn't a great looking bike but I prefer the shiny Diamond Black paint with the Aluminium contrasting tank shields.
Also the stock suspension is pretty good although the Öhlins stuff would probably be much better(I never rode the Sport so can't say anything more then that after riding the 1100 I didn't feel it needed better suspension).
I picked mine up ex demo. 4 months old and 1600km on the clock. Might be interesting to look for a deal like that now that the riding season is ending dealers want to clear their stock.
I've had 3 ex demo bikes before and never a problem. Also saves you the hassle of the first service :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with a colour change on the spring even maybe an aluminium or silver colour to match the other accents.
Silver probably won't look that nice with the silver colored shock body. If the shock body was black like on the 800 a silver spring would look very nice.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am sure you know they have good finance offers at minute

Also if they have stock as it’s grtting winter time you should be able to push on a deal

How old is your 800?

Would you PX that? Or keep both?
My 800 is 2015 Classic. Would trade in my 800 promised myself not to have 2 bikes or more again. The best price I had is £5650 to change inc. a low seat if I want one. Where I bought the 800 wanted £6800 looking after their customers eh!
The only ex demo bikes I can find within striking distance are yellow and I want black.
Has anyone seen the screen for the 1100 the dealers can’t show me one or even find it on the internet.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 800 is 2015 Classic. Would trade in my 800 promised myself not to have 2 bikes or more again. The best price I had is £5650 to change inc. a low seat if I want one. Where I bought the 800 wanted £6800 looking after their customers eh!
The only ex demo bikes I can find within striking distance are yellow and I want black.
Has anyone seen the screen for the 1100 the dealers can’t show me one or even find it on the internet.
Just keep looking around, you might run into a nice deal.
Here are the screens...
Screenshot_20180915-185150.jpg
Screenshot_20180915-185246.jpg
Screenshot_20180915-185401.jpg

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Aluminium one is not available till mid December

I have been waiting since June
Wow! That's a pretty long time. It does look cool in the pictures though and wonder if it works to keep some air of your body without adding a lot of noise/turbulence.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks for the pictures but can’t find the size of the touring screen. I fancy a little protection now I’m old.
Hahaha I can understand. I'm guessing it's about 30cm in height but can't find anyone that has info on the screen. With the partnumber I did find some stires that stocked it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts