Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Since I placed my order for the UE a few months back I have been looking out for stories and pictures about tall people and scramblers. I have watched a few videos and read a couple of stories that mostly point to people over 5ft10 being "too" tall or make reference to riders "looking weird".
Some people have responded to say "who gives a toss what you look like, as long as you are having fun!" :)
I have been doubting whether I should stick with my order or not so I decided to post a few pics to show what a tall rider on a Scrambler looks like so hopefully it helps other people who may be wondering to make their mind up. So far my order is sticking.
Have fun!
Toot(all) in Mad Jozi
2015-06-06 09.39.41.jpg
2015-06-06 09.43.16.jpg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't think you should care what others think, if it's a Scrambler you want then it's a done deal.
But, if you are looking at alternatives and it doesn't have to be a Scrambler then have a look at the KTM 690 SMCR, very tall and is a bit more lively. I have both and feel the Scrambler (UE) has more character.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmm...I like KTM so have looked at the 690. I had a 950S for a while, and more recently been looking at the 990 Anniversary models that come up for sale ever now and then - also in Dakar Blue :). But I think "light is right" and I am not planning any sort of hectic adventure any time soon...so looking forward to the UE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I appreciate you posting the picture. I'm 6' 2" and have sat on a scrambler at the dealer wondering if I looked like someone 5' 10" riding a Honda Grom. With a taller after market seat and some adjustable foot pegs looks like we'll be good to go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow, good thing you got a Scrambler to get you out of that inclement weather people that tall have to deal with ;)
Hahaha, guess how I afforded the scrambler? I demanded a dollar every time someone asked me how tall I was. Note to self: need to attend more public events, so I can buy more accessories.

Here is a photo I posted in another thread of my gf and I. Yes its cramped, but we make it work.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hahaha, guess how I afforded the scrambler? I demanded a dollar every time someone asked me how tall I was. Note to self: need to attend more public events, so I can buy more accessories.

Here is a photo I posted in another thread of my gf and I. Yes its cramped, but we make it work.

That's not cramped, just "cozy"

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you look natural on the bike Toot. Not awkward or cramped. Are you comfortable? Looks fine.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

At least the Scrambler has quite a light clutch action, you would find it difficult to operate otherwise, you know, with having four fingers missing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
At least the Scrambler has quite a light clutch action, you would find it difficult to operate otherwise, you know, with having four fingers missing.
LOL.

The most important finger of all!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Will, what color is your bike? Is it dipped or painted? Looks like a shiny flat primer.. and I love it! Reminds me of a color they use on a the Scion TC

·
Registered
31 Posts
Will, what color is your bike? Is it dipped or painted? Looks like a shiny flat primer.. and I love it! Reminds me of a color they use on a the Scion TC
Plastidip gunmetal color for tank and fender. And now my side pannels muffler and heat shield are black ceramic coated. Same process than the black and White one On this forum
uploadfromtaptalk1434056854053.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts