Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering shelling out the cash for the Termi high mount. The pictures I've seen leave me with mixed feelings about making the purchase. Sure as hell is expensive - I would like to see practical pictures of it as opposed to all of the "artful" pictures posted by Ducati. How does it really look and sound? Is it worth the money - when I consider the dual carbon fiber Remus slip-on's for my K1600GT had a lower price tag.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You mean the DS-only high mount? The one that bolts onto the stock Termi-evo?

I think it’s a very expensive cookie tin shaped pos. :-(

It must be even quieter than stock, it adds weight and limits funtionality...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the DS-only high mount? The one that bolts onto the stock Termi-evo?

I think it’s a very expensive cookie tin shaped pos. :-(

It must be even quieter than stock, it adds weight and limits funtionality...
Yes, the one for the DS.

Thanks for the feedback. Didn't know it was even heavier that the stock cans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's mine. Personally, I think that scramblers and supermotos look way better with high exhausts, so I'm really pleased with it. I'm not sure if it adds weight or if it's quieter than stock (I've not read that anywhere else). Either way, I'm happy with the way it looks and the way it sounds. :)

I also removed the pillion pegs after this pic was taken as the inside of my right boot kept catching on the mounting bracket, which was really annoying. That also tidies up the look a bit, I think. (And drops a bit of weight, if you care about that.)

scrambler.jpg

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm not sure if it adds weight or if it's quieter than stock (I've not read that anywhere else)
Well, all you remove when you install this exhaust are the two faux mufflers from the Evo, the rest is still there.

Add heatshielding, the midpipe and the end can of the Termi high swung exhaust, weight must’ve been added.

Same with sound damping. They really just added an extra baffle chamber...

I do understand though each has his/her own choices and preferences :encouragement:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts