Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just remembered today that I had a pair of Pivot Pegz in the garage. They were originally fitted to my Tiger then modified slightly and fitted to my 800. So I concluded that if they fitted the 800 they would fit my 1100. And voila they do.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Imagine your foot flat on the peg and then changing gear you need to rock your foot. These pegs move with you so your foot stays flat on the peg.
As you look at the peg it moves front to back as well as up and down.
Oh and BTW you can lower them a little bit.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks! Cool, now I understand. I can imagine that could be comfortable on long rides. Isn't it akward while standing on the pegs though?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I “think” that they were designed for standing on the pegs. They only rock forward then back to the central position so you won’t fall off backwards.
I’ve had an Achilles’ tendon problem and been left with a stiff ish right ankle so it helps me use the brake without stamping on it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Actually I “think” that they were designed for standing on the pegs. They only rock forward then back to the central position so you won’t fall off backwards.
I’ve had an Achilles’ tendon problem and been left with a stiff ish right ankle so it helps me use the brake without stamping on it.
Aha, that would make sense yes. I was thinking that they where pivoting back and forth from the central position and thought that might get interesting in certain situations(all though on a bycicle it isn't really a problem so it might just be in my head ).

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks! Cool, now I understand. I can imagine that could be comfortable on long rides. Isn't it akward while standing on the pegs though?
They are primarily designed to be used on dirt bikes where the rider is wearing very heavy duty boots and has limited ankle movement. With may off road boots it is difficult to get you toes under the gear lever with standard pegs.

·
Registered
846 Posts
They are primarily designed to be used on dirt bikes where the rider is wearing very heavy duty boots and has limited ankle movement. With may off road boots it is difficult to get you toes under the gear lever with standard pegs.
That makes a lot of sense. Even with my normal size 12 boots it isn't always easy.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. Even with my normal size 12 boots it isn't always easy.
They are a fairly polarising product. People tend to either love them or hate them. Some people can't get along with the pivoting feeling. Personally would definitely have them on a full off road bike I probably would not buy any for something like a Scrambler but if they work for the individual then that is all that matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts