Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probably get pulled for that here in SA...

after all it is a six hundred odd dollar fine....

plenty of cars run around these days with NO plates..

"oh, sorry officer, some one has knocked off my plates while I'm parked up.."

·
Registered
105 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't put the plate there. Even if it's legal (debatable here in NZ, maybe okay where you are) you're just asking to get hassle from the cops. And who needs that?

bm

·
Registered
896 Posts
The OP's or ours? Don't think I'd get away with that in Sydney.
This part of the world being Victoria (Australia). I have seen plates mounted like that often on sports bikes but I've also see riders being ticketed with them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Seems to be just Aussies and NZers responding. This plate location not legal in Queensland either.

Now that I read the requirements I notice mine is strictly not legal either, my plate is not upright. But it is legible from the angles specified.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably illegal, but very common around the US midwest. I'll be mounting mine like that on my 2020 CR soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems to be just Aussies and NZers responding. This plate location not legal in Queensland either.

Now that I read the requirements I notice mine is strictly not legal either, my plate is not upright. But it is legible from the angles specified.

View attachment 45656
Yeah this helps, not a lot of enforcement on motorcycles in Miami. Generally I see cops on bikes pulling bikes aside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in California and have the NRC fender eliminator (maybe that's what you have, too?). It's in the same spot and honestly mine's probably at an even more invisible angle than yours. I put it on a few months ago and so far no issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in California and have the NRC fender eliminator (maybe that's what you have, too?). It's in the same spot and honestly mine's probably at an even more invisible angle than yours. I put it on a few months ago and so far no issues.
I agree. Not pulled over yet. Legal. No in all states that I know. Will you get pulled over? No guarantee but, as most have stated, probably not. If pulled over, would this be tacked onto any other violation you were already getting. Absolutely. If they cannot see the tag and have to walk up to the bike and bend over to get it (and if they are pulling you over they want to run the tag), you can bet it will be added onto whatever infraction you are already getting. So, like speeding, you are taking the risk that your actions may get you an additional fine. yet many of us may choose to speed once in a while knowing it could cost us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts