Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDITED
I feel like a dummy, a quick search revealed the answer to my question...Apologies

Hello everyone,
After reading horror stories about DIY ECU remapping, I looked for alternatives to expensive and complex market offerings, addressing some of the reported issues of lean running and gaps in throttle response in the mid-low rpm range.

I found this gizmo that promises a cheaper, easily installed and effective system: has anyone here tried it?

· Registered
196 Posts
@kodner73 Generally the bike runs better at lower RPM. It it less noticeable at higher RPM, bit since a lot of my riding is in traffic on Hanoi roads, the lower RPM range is what matters most to me.

I did this as I was going to install a slip on and getting an ECU flashed here is difficult. With Covid these plans didn't work out, but I kept the boosterplug installed as I was happy with it.

You needto speak to Jen's at Boosterplug about models and year which are supported. I had to wait about 4 weeks for him to confirm the 2020 mapping for the Icon. The booster plug units are specific to model and year. It is an ECU / mapping issue. There may be some commonality, I don't know.

Hope that helps.

· Registered
32 Posts
Similar concept, I use a Rapid Bike Easy fitted to my Scrambler 800 Desert Sled, plugs into both of the O2 sensors. It modulates the O2 sensor and it sits electronically between the O2 sensor and the ECU and sends a signal to get the ECU to fuel the bike properly across the rev-range defeating the emissions standards.

For me, it dials out the low-speed pick-up snatch and poor fueling at low revs and dials out the lean fuel mixture across the rev range. My dealer never even saw that it was installed when I took it in for annual services. It takes a couple of hours to squeeze the sensors through the bodywork to get to the front O2 sensor, but I really noticed the difference.

I also use one for the same purpose on my 2018 BMW S1000RR to cope with the SC Project slip-on can I installed. Lovely fueling and I am happy that it dials out the low-mid range lean fuelling between 4-6K rpm on the BMW. 12000 miles of very happy times together plus the 7,500 miles on the Scrambler DS. The tech support at DimSport in Italy was great and they replied to my email question within 24 hours.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...thanks all for your feedback. I ended up ordering it because, at least for now, I'm not planning on switching exhaust and modifying air box, which would require a deeper ECU manipulation.

I expect the same improvements as advertised and reported by users.

· Registered
16 Posts
@kodner73 Generally the bike runs better at lower RPM. It it less noticeable at higher RPM, bit since a lot of my riding is in traffic on Hanoi roads, the lower RPM range is what matters most to me.

I did this as I was going to install a slip on and getting an ECU flashed here is difficult. With Covid these plans didn't work out, but I kept the boosterplug installed as I was happy with it.

You needto speak to Jen's at Boosterplug about models and year which are supported. I had to wait about 4 weeks for him to confirm the 2020 mapping for the Icon. The booster plug units are specific to model and year. It is an ECU / mapping issue. There may be some commonality, I don't know.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts