Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I was thinking about it since quite a long time : I wanted to have on my Classic polished side panels, like on the original Scrambler. I found new side panels on a website, for a small amount of money, so... I tried and reached this, for the moment.

I'm sure I can have a better mirror effect with some more work.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello

Some more informations for those who would like to copy me :)

I was told that the tank side panels were painted. They are not, they are anodized. To remove this hard surface, you can use sandpaper or a sodium hydroxide solution.

When the anodization is removed, then you need to use sandpaper and water : 400, 800 and 1000, then felt disc + brown polish paste, then coton disc + blue polish pate, then coton + Belgom Alu.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thank you, Vince. I'm thinking this information may be handy for me in the future, since I'm not so keen on my matte black and yellow stripe. Good luck with this project, lots of elbow grease for sure. Thanks again.

Sarah

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very nice work, vincelp!!!
I'm trying to do an alu windscreen, with the same shape of the dart one, and I'd like to give it the same treatment as your side panels. I'll post some pics later.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice work, vincelp!!!
I'm trying to do an alu windscreen, with the same shape of the dart one, and I'd like to give it the same treatment as your side panels. I'll post some pics later.
Thanks a lot for your comments :)
Prepare a lot of elbow grease, a mirror finish requires lot of work. I spent about 2 hours 30 on each side panel...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice, now, next step, polishing with felt and coton disc and Belgom Alu and you'll get a mirror finish.
It's important to polish along parallel lines, to get a regular and good mirror effect.
I need a 1000 sandpaper + water before that. I'll continue this we.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts