Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping the stock seat is adequate since I have had to address that in pretty much 100% of all my other bikes I've owned. I am always amazed that for the most part companies seem to skimp on a decent seat.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had 3 seats for my Monster 1100s. The original which covered just 135 miles from the showroom to home day 1 then the tourer seat was bought and much denser foam. The the DP monoseat was teased in front of me so had to buy. That was basically the tourer seat in half so good and comfy. I am not holding my breath but hope the black icon seat is good as the rest purely look like pattern stitching redesigns or is it foam too.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The guys at Seat Concepts have told us they'll be supplying a kit for the Scrambler ASAP, and they'll ship anywhere. I've used them for two different bikes and won't hesitate to recommend them. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Sarah

Seat Concepts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far for me the seat is not too harsh, but I could see a 200 mile day being uncomfortable. It is fairly dense but I am also guessing that like all seats some break in is required before you can tell how bad it is for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got my bike yesterday (yellow icon, was supposed to be red, long story). Went for 120 mile ride today. Fantastic bike, great fun, worst seat ever. I thought my ass had died. I desperately need a more comfortable seat and I am praying there will be aftermarket options soon. It would be a great bike for countryside touring if the seat was better. As it is, no way I'm doing more than 50 miles at a time on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone tried the Air Hawk dual sport seat cover on a Scrambler? I rode 300 miles yesterday on the stock Icon seat and now have a love/hate relationship with my bike......

·
Registered
20 Posts
This seat below is available now at your Ducati dealer or you can order from this site. It's called a comfort seat and puts you in a little higher seat position. I've put about 1K miles on my scrambler and the stock seat is not cutting it. I expect to get this seat early next week from the dealer (saves the shipping charge for me!). Retails for $299.

Ducati Scrambler Comfort Seat 96880221A
Product Furniture Bumper Comfort Automotive exterior

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let me know how you like it. The stock seat is like sitting on an iron rail after 100 miles - and I only weigh 145 lb, so a break-in doesn't mean a thing.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I only weigh 130lbs and the seat was killing me after any ride! Best thing I ever did was to have a gel insert and softer foam put in - I can go all day now! :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
While I can handle the stock seat for awhile I am definitely going to look at a Seat Concepts solution when they are available. Seatconcepts.com

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone tried the Air Hawk dual sport seat cover on a Scrambler? I rode 300 miles yesterday on the stock Icon seat and now have a love/hate relationship with my bike......
I know they work well but I just don't like the look of them, looks like an old grandpa seat on top of one another.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts