Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Since the Pirelli's dont last very long, I though it would be cool and a good resource to see Pics of Scramblers with different Tires. I think it would help others when making a decision.

Post up your Pics and Tire Make, Model and Size!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Avon Storm 3D Xtreme, stock sizes

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi guys, some feedback on how these alternative tyres perform would be useful. Handling, longevity etc compared to the originals.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have done 4,000 miles on the rear Avon Storm 3D Xtreme, but only about 1,000 on the front. The rear still has around 4.00 mm of tread, the front still almost as new. So far better longevity than the MT60s.
No qualms at all about the handling and dry grip is superb. I have nearly been caught out a couple of times with the rear in the wet, although probably my fault for being a bit too heavy with the throttle.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Michein PR2. 3000mi rear; 2500 front. Best guess rear will do 7-8, front close to 10. Nice handling tire over a lot of different surfaces. Deals with gravel surprisingly well. Got caught in heavy rain once, no problems. I'm running pressure a little lower than the bike specs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am really curious about Those Shinko’s the gcarper is running with. They have an awesome tread design and I’m curious how the perform in the dirt or at least gravel and fire roads.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actuallu just ordered a set. theyre cheap enough to give em a try..

ill post back once i have them mounted..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea. Ill just run tubes.

Im Pretty sure there are tubes in our Tubless tires....I think the enduro and Classic have tubes in them..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea. Ill just run tubes.

Im Pretty sure there are tubes in our Tubless tires....I think the enduro and Classic have tubes in them..
You should invest in some spoke wheels then. I’m thinking about getting a pair myself I just wish they made black spoke Wheels.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah. I like the wheels.

I dont see an issue running tubes.

Seems like the spoked wheels came on the classic came with tubes anyway..

1 - 20 of 110 Posts