Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see those old vintage Ducati Scramblers! Post up your best photos in this thread!

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's the bike that set me off on the new Scrambler. Look how small the back sprocket is, must be geared for 100mph!

My buddies dad bought a new one back then, brought it home and stripped it down for his dirt bike. The roost riding behind that thing was ferocious.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dad had a 250 scrambler that he rode dirt with. We grew up riding in the Mojave desert with him as boys and he always talked about that Scrambler he had in his 20's. My mom had a Ducati Diane at the same time.

I searched for a long time to find the 450 I bought him. As soon as I saw the new Scrambler I knew I had to have one. I plan on letting my dad ride the new Scrambler and I'll take my KTM 990adv to go explore back roads.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Very Cool, my first desert outings were in the Mojave, family events most every three day weekend during the late 60's-early 70's, just west of the town of Mojave before hwy 58 to Tehachapi. Some great riding there, it's a big wind farm now. Can't hardly ride anywhere out there now without permits and the dirt police are always on the prowl for a dirt bike without an off road sticker. "The Good Old Days"......

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My Xt500 and TT500 spit back often. Good job I broke my left ankle 3 years ago and not my right
I have a Husqvarna 570 in for repair at the moment, engine dropped a valve and destroyed it including bending the con-rod.
The kick start is on the left, I don't like it there as it feels really awkward standing off the bike to kick it. Once built I'll get the owner to start it I think.

1st photo, the valve sticking up is actually driven into the head like a Hilti nail. If you zoom in to the 2nd photo you'll see the other valve head.
Usual story the guy reckons he doesn't know why it happened. They seem to think if they play it down it's less expensive to repair.
Big singles are bullet proof but not bomb proof.
20150325_232436.jpg
20150325_232715.jpg

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thanks. I posted a story in my intro thread from that ride. Maybe I should also share the video here also?
Now we can see the usefulness of a front mudguard and side stand.
Exactly like the West coast of Scotland especially the fact it's raining but it's nice to see the young uns enjoying themselves.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts