Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been looking to get back into riding after an almost 8 year hiatus (marriage, kids, houses, etc). I’ve owned sport bikes in the past and after riding my Dad’s Thruxton, I have been drawn to the idea of something different and WAY more comfortable. My wife and I used to have lots of fun riding 2up but it would get uncomfortable quickly for both us given the nature of sport bikes.

Couple questions that I would love input from ya’ll on...

1. How is the 2up riding on these bikes?
2. How aggressive should I be looking to get on pricing for a “new” 2018 model in the Midwest (winter)? I’ve never bought a new Ducati so I’m not familiar with haggle room on them or typical OTD prices compared to the MSRP.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not much haggle room, if any. Maybe if it’s a left over. They are plenty comfortable for a 100 mile run, at least my cafe is. Two up not so much, but still better than most sport bikes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much haggle room, if any. Maybe if it’s a left over. They are plenty comfortable for a 100 mile run, at least my cafe is. Two up not so much, but still better than most sport bikes.
Thanks for info. Sweet bike btw. I don’t think any fun and agile motorcycle will excel with 2 riders on board but it’s good to know that it’s not sport bike bad.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
For comfort and finesse you may want to look at the Bonneville range.
For fun the Scrambler.
Just being honest and not sycophantic about the Scrambler.
I have a FTP that I love. Brand new, got £1k off as it was 'last year's model'. Therefore had the racing termi fitted pre-pick up.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I ride 2 up most summer weekends and we think its fine for 100-150 miles (with café stops), through the week (summer) I ride it to work solo on the country back roads and its great fun! One word of warning COST! You'll spend a fortune customising it to your own taste.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ride 2 up most summer weekends and we think its fine for 100-150 miles (with café stops), through the week (summer) I ride it to work solo on the country back roads and its great fun! One word of warning COST! You'll spend a fortune customising it to your own taste.
Thanks! This sounds similar to the type of riding I will be doing. I would bet for every 1,000 miles of solo riding, I will do 100 miles of 2 up riding with my wife to restaurants/cafes/etc. She’s more into going from point A to B than just cruising around all day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts