Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning. Those of you who are convinced that Ducati can do no wrong please ignore this. I have a 2018 Desert Sled which I bought new in the crate less than a year ago. I have been very pissed off with several quality issues ans Ducati's pathetic response to them. I really also do not like the hunting which I get at 4 to 5 k which, I think, is where the closed loop comes in to play. In the old days all I would have had to do is turn a screw on the carb but progress makes it all a bit more complicated so....I am going to fit a Rapid Bike Evo module. This has made me start to look at power. The spec, I think, is about 75 HP....definitely over 70 anyway. The dynos I have looked at though seem to show 60. One E650 exhaust proudly tells you that for your hard earned cash you can get an extra 1.5 HP. So my question is where is the missing 15 HP that Ducati forgot to put in the bike? I know power is not everything in a bike but I would still like to have what the stock spec. promises before spending loads of dosh tweaking out 1 extra pony.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this as it happens there was a dyno post on the FB site and the same comment was made so I googled it all. Brake Horse Power is measured by a brake at the crank under lab conditions with no ancilliaries (eg alternators, pumps) fitted and no drive train. Horse Power is what you can use, is measured by dynometer at the rear wheel. The specs I have seen show HP not BHP of 73 HP at the rear wheel so that is what you should see from a stock machine on a dyno or have I got the wrong e d of the stick?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts