Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any? If so, what are they?

Just wondering how weird you all are ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Check Oil, Tyre Pressures, Chain and Generally look to see if anything is loose. Then I put earplugs in, suit up, climb on, start motor, get off again, scratch my balls and make sure everything is in place (dont want to squash anything on the tank), get back on and ride off into the distance.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got very bad habits. Leg over, key on, gone.

But I do probably inspect my bike when it's just sitting in the garage more than most people. I've been checking the chain tension almost every time I get home and I've cleaned/lubed the chain five times now. I've gone through of bottle of detailer spray because I clean the bugs and dust off of most of the bike each time I get home at night.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Go and get my bike gear and take it downstairs. Put clothes on in house. Go outside to reverse bike onto yard. Go into house to put on rest of bike gear. Go back to bike. Forget gloves go into house to get them. Go back to bike. Forget ear plugs go into house to get them. Go back to bike. Put helmet on then take it off because have forgotten neck buff to keep flies from going down my neck. Takes me about half a bloody hour to get sorted.

I do like to check tyre pressures regularly, so might do that as well. Any cleaning is usually done well in advance of the next ride!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Been a couple of years since last ride, so umm ah what's the weather, where do I fancy going, get bike out, gear on ( seems this will take longer now), go fuel up, Bugger off for ride depending on mood as to whether it's a blast or a meander thru the countryside.
all checks on bike are done afterwards, usually the next couple of days later.
All this should start again end of this month!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I have added another ritual to my pre ride :rolleyes:

I went a ride out for about 5 hrs , arrived back and couldn't find my front door key:( turned my pockets out etc etc, still no key, :( walked about muttering you silly old sod :mad:
Happened to look at the front door for some reason, the key was hanging in the lock on the out side, :eek:

It WAS locked though, just forgot to take the key with me, Sooo the last thing I do now is go back and check the front door's locked, That's IF I can remember :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
I always put my left glove on before my right. If I have to remove my left glove after they're both on, the right have to comes off again so they go back on in order :)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always put my left glove on before my right. If I have to remove my left glove after they're both on, the right have to comes off again so they go back on in order :)
I do that too. And the same with my boots :D

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
841 Posts
Money/debit card, front door key, mobile phone, iPod nano

That's abt it.
Good job they come in their own little bags you guys or perhaps they would be left behind

·
Registered
965 Posts
Usually a quick visual of tires, chain, any leaks then take off any grime with McGuire's Detail Spray (great stuff) don't really check oil level every ride other then a quick glance at the window when pulling the bike off the side stand and on the right side.

Probably should do more pre ride stuff but in all honesty allot of that every time takes the fun out the whole thing for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts