Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to finally get my hands on a used 2015 scrambler icon, and even luckier to have it come with preinstalled heated grips. (Which certainly helped make the 30degree ride home from the dealership a bit more pleasant.)
But as I generally won’t ride once they start salting the roads, it’s likely to be parked for a few months soon. With that in mind I ordered an extra quick connect for my ctek trickle charger and went to install it. (I’ve done it for my other bike, so it didn’t seem like it should be an issue.) But once I opened up the seat I was a little suprised by the tight space and a few wires I simply couldn’t identify. I realize that one set of cables coming from the battery is for the heated grips, but and idea what the other set may be?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
How are your heated grips controlled? If there is a switch or something they’re likely wired to the battery. If they’re controlled by the starter button they’re going to be wired directly to the bike rather than the battery.

The only way to really know what those wires are powering is to chase them to whatever it is. Just follow the wire and see where it ends. This would be a smart thing to do anyway. Look for dodgy wiring and eliminate anything you won’t use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts