Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the Termi high exhaust is $1999. The Termi low slip on is $1299 and the twin silencers like on the Full Throttle are $1399. The twin silencers are homologated and fairly quiet. The race slip on and the high exhaust both have removable DB killers (or baffles as we call them). I think both also eliminate the cat whereas the twin system does not. I ordered the slip on and got 10% off from my dealer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just found out that the Termi high exhaust is $1999. The Termi low slip on is $1299 and the twin silencers like on the Full Throttle are $1399. The twin silencers are homologated and fairly quiet. The race slip on and the high exhaust both have removable DB killers (or baffles as we call them). I think both also eliminate the cat whereas the twin system does not. I ordered the slip on and got 10% off from my dealer.
Does the dealer have a website?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cat is part of the stock muffler. Since Ducati talks about weight savings and uses the term "race", I assume the cat is history when you make the swap. The high exhaust eliminates the cat so the low one should also. In the video of the race exhaust "unleashing the beasta" it looks like there is no cat. "Slip on" usually denotes the ability to just slip it on the stock exhaust pipes as opposed to the full replacement system like the high version.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mlhallock, I got the info from Ducati of NY. There is nothing on any website though they did send me the factory page showing the part number, price and photo. I have to figure out how to post it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is it enough with a slip on to get good sound, or do you recommend full system?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Last week a Ducati mechanic recommended a slip-on that eliminates the catalytic converter and has a removable baffle. He said the stock headers were small inside diameter to favor torque over horsepower at high rpms; so for street use, that's what I'd prefer. The Termi high exhaust needs new headers to route the high can, but I'd like to know how the inside diameter compares with stock. But if you're mainly interested in louder music more than extra power/torque, the slip on race can seems to do it; there's a video of it on youtube, sounds good.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Looks like the slip on setup has a smaller cat and such connected to it.
The more I look the more I don't want to wait. I guess I will have to see how much I owe uncle Sam.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't think it's a cat, simply an expansion box to maintain the volume of the system.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the best option is to wait for the bike and then choose from the many exhaust options that will be available. However, having never put a deposit down on a bike I have not ridden before, I think having to wait just gives me more time to look at new parts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts