Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

New guy here. I had the opportunity to test ride a Scramble 1100 today and fell in love. Have owned a number of Ducati's in the past Multi and Monster and felt the 1100 Scrambler is spot on.

Dealer has a brand new 2018 Base model in black that they are offering (initially) for $11,000 ($13,000 - $2000 Ducati cash) plus destination and setup. They want to add destination and setup charges to that price and I am not interested in paying those fees. Am I out of line? What type of discounts are US east coast buyers getting on 2018 1100's?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
733 Posts
In the UK - so no direct help... but you have to pay all fees and at best you can get a £500 ($750) discount on the bike... so it sounds to me like you are already getting a HUGE deal...

·
Registered
734 Posts
price in US starts at $12k w/o delivery/destination charges.
agree w Simon, you have a great deal, buy it prior somebody else do it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip. Man, I wish it was closer. Heading to the dealer Friday night to see if we can put a deal together.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'll preface my response with a few qualifiers...I bought an 1100 Sport from a small dealer and premier/boutique Ducati racing shop as soon as the model came in. So, had I waited or bought from a higher volume dealer, I probably could've gotten a better deal. Also, I'm somewhat of an idealist in that I dont mind paying a little extra to patronize a local business passionate about the brand versus a chain dealer.

Will all of that, I was about $16k OTD, but I put down quite a bit from the sale of my Thruxton and took advantage of Ducati's special 0% APR for 60 months that they offered briefly on the 2018's over the summer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I purchase from a large volume Ducati only dealer, and what I’ve learned over the several bikes I’ve bought is....

The price is the price, fees are always included, and there’s simply no negotiation on bike cost. Twice I’ve gotten a deal on a “demo” bike, but otherwise, it’s MSRP with fees less any Ducati incentives.

What I’ve been told by a former employee is that unlike some other manufacturers, Ducati dealers must purchase the bikes outright from Ducati, they are not on consignment from the manufacturer, so they don’t work on the normal kickbacks and dealer incentives you hear about through other brands.

What my dealership does, is offer discounts in other ways. Sometimes I get big discounts on parts purchased at the time I got the bike. Once I got an aria helmet for 50% off. On my Diavel Strada, the dealer gave me 2 years maintenance which included my valves and belts! A good friend always negotiates for free track days lol... lastly, I’ve used my trades (when I did trade something) to negotiate as well.

Point being, I try to consider total cost of ownership and negotiate on items the dealer is more willing to give discounts on. That’s just my advice from my experience!

Forgot to mention, one of the “demos” I bought was my 800 Scrambler. It was an allocated but unused demo bike with 3 miles on it. I got a nice discount, then got a good deal on the termi high pipe too! Top it all off, I got the 0% financing available at that time too! It was one reason I didn’t trade it in when I got the 1100 lol

Current:‘16 Scrambler Icon, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
906 Posts
My experience seems to be the same. I paid a total of MSRP for my 1100 but that included a good trade in price a free seat and heated grips.
So on the invoice the bottom line said MSRP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts