Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking forward to swapping out the stock exhaust on my 2017 Desert Sled for awhile now and finally jumped on it. Purchased my Arrow Exhaust through MotovationUSA.com and a K&N High Performance Air Filter through Jegs.com. Also purchased the ECU tuning tool RexXer EVO "User" to adjust the tuning map for the updated exhaust - more to come on that.

Hardest part of the install was changing out the air filter. It's mounted in an odd spot back behind the front fender so obviously it takes some time getting to it. Just make sure when installing the new filter that the top part fits nicely into the slotted groves before screwing the air filter cover back in place.

The difference in weight between the stock exhaust and arrow exhaust is honestly insane, some people have said it before but it felt as though the box it came in was empty. The Arrow exhaust mounts up pretty easily and sounds incredible. The silencer that comes with it does a good job at cutting the noise down but it is incredibly tempting to just ride without it. Not sure my neighbors feel the same way..

Anyways here's a quick video I made of the install. The first part of the video shows a pretty good comparison of the stock vs. Arrow exhaust vs. Arrow exhaust with the silencer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hardest part of the install was changing out the air filter. It's mounted in an odd spot back behind the front fender so obviously it takes some time getting to it. Just make sure when installing the new filter that the top part fits nicely into the slotted groves before screwing the air filter cover back in place.
Your bike looks great, and that exhaust is sick!

I'm doing the same thing, K&N air filter and a Competition Werks exhaust. I hear ya on the air filter... so much stuff has to come off to access it! I needed to buy a Torx T20 screwdriver for literally 2 screws, bc the T20 bit I had at home was too "fat" and wasn't able to get into the tight spaces. How annoying!

Did you have any trouble figuring out the direction the air filter should go in? My K&N should be arriving today so I haven't physically swapped it out yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha it really was a royal pain.. and the direction of the air filter is pretty self-explanatory (no real good way for me to describe it on here). Also I'm pretty sure that K&N provides an install guide as well. It gets a little wonky making sure everything lines up but if you take your time with it then you'll be fine!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I’ve been commuting a lot on my Desert Sled with the new exhaust and figured it’s about time I do a proper review on the Arrow Pro-Race exhaust.. really I just want everyone to get an idea of how freaking loud this thing is! I’ve only been riding it with the silencer in around town so I figured it’d be a good test to get it out on the dirt roads and let it really open up. So – if you’re curious how loud this thing can get check out this short video I made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey dude. I am rocking a 2019 Sled. I am about to order the arrow exhaust, but I am gonna wait a paycheck or two to get the bike remapped, either by dealer or the DIY rexxor thingy. Did you have the exhaust on and ride it without remapping for awhile? If so, What was that like? Lots of pops and snorts?

So I’ve been commuting a lot on my Desert Sled with the new exhaust and figured it’s about time I do a proper review on the Arrow Pro-Race exhaust.. really I just want everyone to get an idea of how freaking loud this thing is! I’ve only been riding it with the silencer in around town so I figured it’d be a good test to get it out on the dirt roads and let it really open up. So – if you’re curious how loud this thing can get check out this short video I made.

View attachment 44556

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Mateoverde Looking back I totally forgot how expensive the exhaust and remapping cost. But honestly it's totally worth it. I did ride my bike without the remapping - more than I would have like to if I'm honest. Mostly got some pops during deceleration but nothing completely noticeable. If you can hold off for the Rexxer ECU update I would recommend it. With them I would say consider just sending them the ECU on the bike to be updated rather than doing it yourself (it's 2x more, unless you want to remap yourself more and do other misc. things). Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts