Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the pro taper carmichael bend bars with the 1-1/8" clamp area is a good substitute for Full Throttle bars. Comes in many colors. A little less rise (which I like myself) and I don't have to cut up my current FT bars to shorten them (a little too wide for my tastes). Plus they run about $70 which is nice. I will post up pics and comparisons when I pick them up later this afternoon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's the Pro Tapers on. About 1" shorter on each side (about the limit with brake banjo and speedo clearance). Also about 1" less rise.

Trying to get pics to load. Please check my post on Instagram (merlinmerkin) while I figure out the phot loader on here. Think my pics are too big? Doing this from my Samsung Galaxy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Carmichael bend was my choice as well. Good to know the clutch & brake housings went on without issue. How about the switch assembly? Is it too wide? If so the $70 Sicass Racing switch (for KTMs) should work since it is narrower. Just match up the wires to the Ducati plugs. The Sicass switch also allows you to shut the light off. There is not passing light button though.

Stu

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most bar manufacturers sell 7/8" bars so you could just use their bars. Check out the Renthal and Pro Taper sites.

Stu

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What Stu said ^
most standard moto bars are 7/8" throughout without the fat bend in the middle. A lot cheaper too. I'm a big fan of Biltwell parts, been using them for the last 5 or 6 years. Great helmets as well. Check out their site or go through Lowbrow Customs for some cool bars, or even cycle gear if you have one around you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How does it effect the riding position? I get a bit of a hip cramp on the Icon. I got the same cramp on my Bonneville.
oooh the dreaded hip cramp. I get this painful bugger too! Squirming in the saddle one leg hanging out trying to stretch it out...awkward. :confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I used to get hip cramp on my Moto Morini 350 I just sold. The cafe racer position wasn't doing my back any good either. I'm hoping the Classic's riding position will be more comfortable when I get it. The joys of growing old.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I get the cramp when I'm on my chopper with zero drag bars. It seems the lower the bar the more it happens I have yet to feel that wonderful dead leg on my scrambler.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you take off the stock bars be them full throttle or the higher bars on other models you will witness 3 holes in the bars. The two control pods and the brake all have little pegs that go in these holes. To switch bars, you will have to either drill holes in the new bars or grind down the pegs with a dremel. I chose the latter. Here's a pic that shows the 2 right side holes...
14366224290271802597663.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts