Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this bike is new to me. It came with adjustable levers. Maybe I have small hands but I’m having an issue reaching for the turn signal indicator switch when the clutch lever is pulled in. (I don’t have this issue with my previous bike)

When I’m not actuating the clutch I can reach them just fine. I think it’s because the evotech levers have a more pronounced 'hump' near the lever base so i cant move my hand more to the right.

I can also see that the lever doesn’t seem to be positioned over the + marker on my full throttle bars.

I’m assuming I can just move the lever over more to the right so it covers the + marker. Then the “hump” of the lever would be less in the way?

And I'm guessing I’d have to adjust the clutch since I’d be giving it more slack too if I did that.

Sorry, noob questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
211 Posts
No apologies for questions - that's one of the points!

I just went out and took a picture of mine and it seems the same as yours. .........in other words you have small hands!

That said, I think you should try moving it and see if it fits better. It won;t hurt anything and you can always move it back. That's one of the cool things about bikes - you can play with the configuration to see what fits. I'm tweaking something or other on my bikes.
20180723_205905.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
iblastoff It is hard to tell in your photo but it appears you have all four fingers on the clutch lever? I only use two fingers and have no issues reaching the turn signals. If you use all four, see if you using two fingers gives you better reach.

·
Registered
897 Posts
How often do you turn the indicators on when you have the clutch lever squeezed against the handlebar?

The crosses on the handlebars are only there to ensure that every bike leaves the factory set the same. There is no rule that says things have to line up with them you need to simply adjust things to suit you. It is your bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How often do you turn the indicators on when you have the clutch lever squeezed against the handlebar?
I rode to work this morning and tried to catch myself to see if I ever did this. Nope.

I think I have developed a habit of: Mirror > Indicator ON > Clutch/Gear Down > Turn > Clutch/Gear Up > Indicator Cancel

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Start by sliding your clutch perch to the right half an inch, maybe even more. This is a awkward angle, with or without operating the signals while using the clutch....

7D65512B-733B-4B05-8E0A-27FD6EBBA120.jpeg

Your index finger should right in the curve, in the “angle” or pocket of the lever.

Currently you’re “riding” the wrong part of the lever.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Start by sliding your clutch perch to the right half an inch, maybe even more. This is a awkward angle, with or without operating the signals while using the clutch....
You also need to be aware that if you do that you are moving the mirror inboard and may see more elbow than road in it but that would be an easy fix with a simple mirror extender if required. The Scrambler mirrors seem to have a very small amount of adjustment compared to many others I have used in recent years.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You’re right, but regardless, ergonomics first.

In the stock position, these levers push your left hand out foo far (I have similar ones, if I let my hand rest in the natural position my hand was too far off to the left, on the edge of the grip).

I solved this by sliding the perch inwards...

E546C989-910F-4DB8-8C64-51137626EC11.jpeg

A41F64D0-196E-4636-AF2A-3FE16C47E6C1.jpeg

View attachment 35543

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The crosses on the handlebars are only there to ensure that every bike leaves the factory set the same. There is no rule that says things have to line up with them you need to simply adjust things to suit you. It is your bike.
i feel like i do it a lot when i'm commuting in really dense traffic (which is literally every day). on longer stretches of road of course i dont really need to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You also need to be aware that if you do that you are moving the mirror inboard and may see more elbow than road in it but that would be an easy fix with a simple mirror extender if required. The Scrambler mirrors seem to have a very small amount of adjustment compared to many others I have used in recent years.
yeah thats no problem as im definitely gonna be replacing the mirrors with some type of bar end eventually!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You’re right, but regardless, ergonomics first.

In the stock position, these levers push your left hand out foo far (I have similar ones, if I let my hand rest in the natural position my hand was too far off to the left, on the edge of the grip).

I solved this by sliding the perch inwards...

View attachment 35539

View attachment 35541

View attachment 35543
perfect! this is exactly what im going to do. i just dont want to mess up the clutch adjustment and have too much slack or whatever and potentially ruin the plates. seems very easy but this thing was expensive and i dont want to fuck it up!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Another thing I did was, remove the switch cluster and file the notch down -nearly down actually-, so I could rotate the switchgear forward a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts