Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I used the search as well before writing this post. MY DS is just 2 years old, and has 5000 km on the clock. During the last few weeks, I have repeatingly the problem, that while pushing the start button - nothing happens. As well well no clicking or something else.
I try again and again, and suddenly, the starter is running and all is fine.
I had the bike for regular inspection last week, but of course as usual, all worked perfectly when I was there, and there are no failures stored in the bike.
Now, today again, first push - nothing. Third push worked again.

Does anybody of you have /had the same experience and what did you do? I will go for a bigger tour end of next week for about 2 to 3000 km, and I am not keen to be stopped
by this phenomena.
Thanks and all the best,
Matthias

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same problem first it took a while cold starting and then there was no crank and was the battery it should last at least 3 years but could be a faulty battery check it with a multimeter with everything unplugged and it should have at least 12.7V or maybe 13

Enviado desde mi SM-G780G mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same problem first it took a while cold starting and then there was no crank and was the battery it should last at least 3 years but could be a faulty battery check it with a multimeter with everything unplugged and it should have at least 12.7V or maybe 13

Enviado desde mi SM-G780G mediante Tapatalk
Battery was tested and is fully ok. For me it looks like a mechanical issue in the start button.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, I used the search as well before writing this post. MY DS is just 2 years old, and has 5000 km on the clock. During the last few weeks, I have repeatingly the problem, that while pushing the start button - nothing happens. As well well no clicking or something else.
I try again and again, and suddenly, the starter is running and all is fine.
I had the bike for regular inspection last week, but of course as usual, all worked perfectly when I was there, and there are no failures stored in the bike.
Now, today again, first push - nothing. Third push worked again.

Does anybody of you have /had the same experience and what did you do? I will go for a bigger tour end of next week for about 2 to 3000 km, and I am not keen to be stopped
by this phenomena.
Thanks and all the best,
Matthias
Probably the starter relay located under the seat next to the battery.
Motor vehicle Camera lens Digital camera Automotive tire Reflex camera

1 - 4 of 4 Posts