Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Scramblerized,
someone of you have noticed a scratching paint tank at the hairline with the saddle or is' just a matter of my Icon?
Under my saddle there are staples of metal (those that serve to keep the skin of the seat cover live) that I think are the responsible for the damage.

Sure, it seems a big oversight by Ducati ..

·
Registered
941 Posts
Someone with a red Icon was complaining about a scratch caused by a staple. I never rest the seat on the tank like I have seen some do. When I put it on or take it off I always slide it and keep it clear so staples are nowhere near the paint.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone with a red Icon was complaining about a scratch caused by a staple. I never rest the seat on the tank like I have seen some do. When I put it on or take it off I always slide it and keep it clear so staples are nowhere near the paint.
Thanks for your reply. Indeed I hold the disc lock under the seat, and to take it or lay it, I usually get up only the back of the saddle. Damn...the damage could be due to this my fault?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Indeed I hold the disc lock under the seat, and to take it or lay it, I usually get up only the back of the saddle. Damn...the damage could be due to this my fault?
I just raise the back sometimes to get what I want out from under the seat but maybe you raise it very high? How bad are the marks? I know it is too late for you but you could cover the staples with black tape or very thin self adhesive foam which is what I just did after reading your post as I did not want to take any chances.

Never feels good putting marks on a new bike but it is bound to happen sooner or later. Are you sure you have never hit tank with seat in past when attaching it or maybe rested it on the tank a bit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts