Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a mustang saddle from I guy I know, he's never used it and sold the bike before he had chance to try it, so I've bought it and it genuinely won't fit! The pin on the saddle seems a mile out and just won't align up with the hole on the bike. It's still under warranty but will they still honor it if it's changed owner or should I contact the original buyer? I just sold my comfort seat which wasn't much better than the std one and they both fit perfect so it's Defo the saddle. What do you Think?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Mustang seat is very tight fitting, but I line up the pin with the hole and give the seat a good thump! When removing it, however, I find that two people usually are needed, one to keep the key turned and the other to pull the seat at the rear, from the offside of the bike, with two hands. Greasing the pin does not seem to have much effect, either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just bought one today from Revzilla. Some of the reviews said they had trouble fitting them and that Mustang was aware and had a fix. The new productions seats aren't supposed to have the problem. Fingers crossed mine is fine. The people that did have issues contacted Mustang direct and were fixed without issues.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought one today from Revzilla. Some of the reviews said they had trouble fitting them and that Mustang was aware and had a fix. The new productions seats aren't supposed to have the problem. Fingers crossed mine is fine. The people that did have issues contacted Mustang direct and were fixed without issues.
Hi,

I read the same posts so Ive sent Mustang an email and see what happens, I did just manage to get the pin to go in the hole but it wouldn't lock down even with me and the wife sat on it!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

The seat is the old pin style so they are looking at a replacement, they responded within 24 hours and so far have been excellent, luckily I have the receipt which is still 3 months in warranty but typically they have no stock. I'll keep you up dated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's good, Neal from mustang said the old ones are all black and new ones are stainless (silver).
Just got my replacement from Neal- great service! Anyone want to buy a bargain original (black pin) seat? Does work (just takes a good push for the pin to lock).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts