Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_2965.PNG
Has anyone fitted this rear hugger to their scrambler? I noticed several powerbronze huggers in another thread were used with less than satisfactory results. Cheers!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Huggers are about aesthetics, not protection from road grime, flung mud etc. I have previously fitted huggers to a number of naked bikes, and while they lend a certain style to the look, they do virtually nothing in keeping the rear of the motorcycle (or the back of the rider) clean. If you wish to fit a hugger because you believe it enhances the look of your Scrambler, then go right ahead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am aware that huggers do not offer the same protection as a rear fender. However, I do think this will help keep the underside of the bike from getting so nasty. I have my license plate mounted under the tail and that is the main reason I was thinking about a hugger. And yes I think they look nice lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am aware that huggers do not offer the same protection as a rear fender. However, I do think this will help keep the underside of the bike from getting so nasty. I have my license plate mounted under the tail and that is the main reason I was thinking about a hugger. And yes I think they look nice lol

correct it will stop stones and crap flying into s/arm , my icon s/arm was chipped with small stones flying onto it before i got the pyramid one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts