Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this together as a reference for anyone installing aftermarket levers on their Scrambler. Super straight-forward - enjoy!

Puig Scrambler Brake Adapter Bracket: 5444N
Puig Scrambler Clutch Adapter Bracket: 6590N
Puig Shorty Brake Lever 2.0 (Black/Silver): 180NP
Puig Shorter Clutch Lever 2.0 (Black/Silver): 280NP

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you go about adjusting the brake lever?
I lifted the front of the bike so the wheel could spin free and then just adjusted the set screw to make sure the brake wasn’t dragging while the wheel was spinning. After that, rocked the bike back and forth then pulled the lever to make sure it was operating correctly

·
Registered
995 Posts
Don't the OEM levers 'wobble' a little too? I fitted some Evotechs a bit ago and they do as your Puigs do, i.e. a fairly 'slack' fit. But from memory the originals were sloppy too, anyone know before I satisfy my curiosity and whack the old levers back on? :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that makes me feel better. I was just gonna check out one of my parents bikes and look too to see if they wobble like that. I still think a shim in there would be nice to tighten it up but so far i really like them. Can’t wait to have the tank back on, ride and report back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just reporting back here after doing some riding with the new levers.

I love them.

I haven't added any spacer/washer/shim into the mounts at all, and when I ride, I don't notice any of the minimal wobble slop at all which makes me feel good. Eventually, I'd still like to throw a shim in there. But otherwise, these levers are awesome. From a dexterity standpoint, they feel amazing and I LOVE the feel of the shorty levers way more over the stock ones. Just wanted to share my thoughts on them, and I would definitely recommend. :cool-28:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks so much for the video, super helpful.

I want to start by switching out my clutch lever, which seems straightforward. A couple questions:

1) What's the advantage of a shorty lever vs regular length?

2) I assume the adapter you need to buy in addition to the Puig lever is what makes it compatible with the Scrambler's cable clutch, right? (I have a 2018 Icon)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
There is no advantage, it’s just a preference.

And some can even pinch your ring finger if you’re used to using three fingers. I had that on my Vitpilen, which came stock with short levers. Replaced them with regular sized ones.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok, I got the Puig Shorty Clutch Lever 2.0 installed. Is it normal for it to feel a little tougher to pull in? The travel is smooth, I just feel like you have to pull in with a little more force... or is it just my imagination?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Ok, I got the Puig Shorty Clutch Lever 2.0 installed. Is it normal for it to feel a little tougher to pull in? The travel is smooth, I just feel like you have to pull in with a little more force... or is it just my imagination?
Simple physics, 'Give me a lever long enough to move the world*…' unall that?

*I paraphrase!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts