Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a push button gear change. I am having some trouble moving my left ankle/foot correctly and I am considering a semi/fully automatic gear change system.
I have phoned Kliktronic who say they haven’t done a scrambler but can’t see any problems. If I want a fully push button clutchless change this has to be done with an additional box of tricks called a flatshifter. I have contacted them and they are seeing if it can be done to the scrambler. It has something to do with having a coil to each plug and not just 1 ignition trigger???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone fitted a push button gear change. I am having some trouble moving my left ankle/foot correctly and I am considering a semi/fully automatic gear change system.
I have phoned Kliktronic who say they haven’t done a scrambler but can’t see any problems. If I want a fully push button clutchless change this has to be done with an additional box of tricks called a flatshifter. I have contacted them and they are seeing if it can be done to the scrambler. It has something to do with having a coil to each plug and not just 1 ignition trigger???
https://shiftfx.com/electronic-shift-transmission they advertise it as any bike can be adapted but give them a call

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to go with a Kliktronic power shifter and a Healtech quickshifter. The Healtech just plugs into the loom.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed my mind again going with ProShift twice the price but fully fitted with auto blip on downshifts and a half shift for finding neutral.
Booked in for 15th January will post a review when completed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've seen one upclose and rode side by side with him on Highway 1 (PCH). He has one installed on his Ducati 1098 Superbike and he was really quick on it. The device is hook up to the shifter and has button on his handlebar. It was a long time ago and I forgot what brand. He had to have one because he's missing a lower leg.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone is interested went to visit my bike today at Pro-Shift in Derby England. They were a very nice set of people, brewed up and everything. Anyway my bike was nearly complete and they said would be finished by the end of the day, and they would test ride it tomorrow. The only problem is I can’t get the courier to collect it until the middle of next week, so holding my breath till then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts