Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread as requested by Skippy. For those that have heard me groaning on about my surgery I apologise but must include a little back story for the 2 people that missed it.
Anyway in June last year I had some major surgery that stopped me riding. I thought at the time I wouldn’t be able to use my left foot adequately so researched the quick shifter route. I came up with a company called Pro-Shift in Derby England. They appeared to be the best but also the most expensive. It has an auto blipper and bells and whistles. I had my bike trailered there and back. Full cost of the job was around £2500 but I thought what the heck I’ve spent fortunes already on Akra’s and Ohlins etc etc.
Took the bike out for the first time in about 11 months and was a little disappointed the shifter wasn’t as seamless as I thought it would be it needed some fine tuning and changes in riding style. The second time it was better and I was better. So hopefully I should have mastered it by about fifty rides.
It comes with a Comprehensive manual That you really need to use.
In the photos you will see the actuator Without the makers stickers I asked them to leave them off. And the push button arrangement I fitted cos’ I didn’t like theirs.
Hope I haven’t bored you too much.
99960DD4-2346-4931-B7FB-900FB45A77DB.jpeg 56C5A705-63D5-4D84-90C5-2133D83BEA4A.jpeg

·
Registered
835 Posts
This is a thread as requested by Skippy. For those that have heard me groaning on about my surgery I apologise but must include a little back story for the 2 people that missed it.
Anyway in June last year I had some major surgery that stopped me riding. I thought at the time I wouldn’t be able to use my left foot adequately so researched the quick shifter route. I came up with a company called Pro-Shift in Derby England. They appeared to be the best but also the most expensive. It has an auto blipper and bells and whistles. I had my bike trailered there and back. Full cost of the job was around £2500 but I thought what the heck I’ve spent fortunes already on Akra’s and Ohlins etc etc.
Took the bike out for the first time in about 11 months and was a little disappointed the shifter wasn’t as seamless as I thought it would be it needed some fine tuning and changes in riding style. The second time it was better and I was better. So hopefully I should have mastered it by about fifty rides.
It comes with a Comprehensive manual That you really need to use.
In the photos you will see the actuator Without the makers stickers I asked them to leave them off. And the push button arrangement I fitted cos’ I didn’t like theirs.
Hope I haven’t bored you too much. View attachment 44948 View attachment 44949 View attachment 44948 View attachment 44949
That's some serious looking kit! You can shift without closing the throttle I presume. This is some pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can shift up and down but it’s not as simple as that. You have to learn a different type of throttle control. On upshifts the higher the revs the better the shift and you need to hold a “level” throttle that’s what they call it. That means don’t be accelerating hold the throttle steady. And if you’re revs are too low shifting down it “will kick you in the arse’ yes that’s what they call it. I am learning the system and getting better at it. I’ve learned at certain times the clutch must be used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts