Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've got to love the D.C. Metro area. A buddy and I headed out for a nice ride through Barnesville and Sugarloaf Mountain on Monday, absolutely gorgeous day for a ride. When we split to head our separate ways, I began to merge onto I-270 south to head home to Arlington. Having full right of way, I slowed and peered for oncoming traffic. And lo and behold, a nameless and cowardly idiot without a brain nearly runs me off the road. Knee jerk reaction? Brake to avoid colliding...while in the turn. Rear slid of course, causing me to lay the bike down and roll. Driver never stopped, in fact if memory serves correctly, sped along faster.

Aside from a nice bruised hip, a bit of whiplash, and some aches, I walked away and was able to safely drive the bike to a garage until I can get some new rear sets in. Grateful for the gear, grateful to the other motorists that stopped a few seconds after. Of course...pissed about my slip-on no longer having that shiny new finish.

Drive for the slide. Not the ride. And watch out for the idiots who clearly feel they're more important than us.

TL;DR Brake pedal bent in towards the frame, is it possible to flex it back into position in the interim to me buying a new rear set?

Imgur Gallery Link

·
Registered
182 Posts
Max is onto it, they "modify" relatively easy.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. I despise interstate traffic in metro areas.

Sarah

·
Registered
151 Posts
I caught a shoe lace on my peg when putting my foot down once and needed to bend the brake pedal back too. It's easy business.

While we're on the subject, it sure looks like you got off easy on that damage. Don't get me wrong, that's a huge bummer but from the description, you made out pretty well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Completely agreed. Not complaining at all. Good excuse to upgrade gear. Even better reason to encourage others to do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts