Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Quad lock users - a question for you:
I have a 2015 FT, and I used the quad lock phone mount + vibration Dampener on my old iPhone.
Unfortunately, although using the dampener, the camera was broken because of the vibrations.

Has anyone experienced such a problem? Wondering if it's simply a misfunction of my unit or a common problem in scramblers.
I'm buying a new iPhone and have doubts I should give quadlock another chance, or the vibrations ruin the new iPhone's camera as well.
Cheers!馃弫

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Fender

Registered
I would not use a Quad Lock mount and an iPhone on a Scrambler. Ducati twins were one of the bikes that were initially identified as being a problem with Quad locks and which caused the development of the vibration damper.

Registered
Did you actually read the first post?
The OP is using the vibration dampener and still had a phone fail.
No, sorry I missed that. Very odd that the camera should fail with the dampener. I also use the Quadlock wireless charging head in conjunction with the dampener which may provide some additional dampening? Perhaps sign-up for Apple Care+ when you get the new phone so have warranty coverage in case you run into an issue again.

Registered
Well I've been using & abusing the quadlock mounts on both my scrambler or my enduro bike (offroad)
without the dampener an iPhone 11 during several years, it's still working fine !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts