Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everybody think of the Ducati paint finish. I have an 1100 and I am underwhelmed by the finish on the tank. At the moment I am thinking of having it sprayed but I have a completely full tank.
One idea I have is to have about 3 or 4 coats of lacquer (clear for Americans) sprayed on. The second is to have it completely resprayed with a nice black. I had a GS and I had it sprayed with a Mercedes black and it was superb.
Comments and ideas please.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Even my magnetic tank bag will leave small scratches in the finish. It isn't particularly hardy.

I like the idea of a flat black tank. You should do it and share the pictures. I don't know what Mercedes black is.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mercedes black was just like a normal gloss black not metallic, but in certain lighting conditions it would show small speckles of silver, red and green.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve now taken the plunge. Put my tank in to have stripes painted where at the moment they are tape. The paint man is going to put as many coats of lacquer it needs and wet sand and polish. He said I should get it back next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts