Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color would you say your tank is? Well... I know it's black. But would you call it matte? Or flat? Or is it a shiny finish?

And the tank panels are just the black aluminum tank panels that were at one point an option for all Scramblers, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's a complicated color.. I had a front and rear guard painted to match the tank a couple of years back, and the painter had a hell of a time getting the color to match. It's bang on now, but there was swearing involved.

It's more flat than matte.

The tank panels are the same shape as their brushed aluminum counterparts. I changed to those too.

IMG_1621.jpg IMG_1620.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Your bike looks great. I'm glad you said "complicated color," it looks different in every picture, but it's the color I'm trying to get at for the tank.

Any chance you can share any tips on how the painter finally achieved it?

And when you say there was searing involved, did you re-sand and redo it several times until you got it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey; sorry about the late reply. I don't have specific info as I left that to the painter who knew what was going on. I was only assisting, helping set up test pieces to get the color right. I recall it not actually having any matte particles in it, or some tiny amount of them to get it to match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts