Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have a push button quick shifter on my 1100. Fitted by Pro Shift in Derby U.K. Not cheap but is up and down shift with auto blipper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
can you fit a quick shift setup on a scrambler
Yes you can, I have had mine for 12,000 miles now. Shifts great even at redline, i have my shifter set at 95 milliseconds which is perfect. You can shift down no problem. It's so much fun to ride, I use the shifter after second gear, you can shift from first to second with the quick shifter but it feels a bit questionable so I just don't do it that often, every other gear up or down is perfect. I hope this helps, install was easy on my 2105 full throttle. Shifting at redline on fire roads going sideways is so much fun, don't try it with the stock tires though you will be picking rocks out of your teeth 😁

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes you can, I have had mine for 12,000 miles now. Shifts great even at redline, i have my shifter set at 95 milliseconds which is perfect. You can shift down no problem. It's so much fun to ride, I use the shifter after second gear, you can shift from first to second with the quick shifter but it feels a bit questionable so I just don't do it that often, every other gear up or down is perfect. I hope this helps, install was easy on my 2105 full throttle. Shifting at redline on fire roads going sideways is so much fun, don't try it with the stock tires though you will be picking rocks out of your teeth 😁
which quickshifter did you get??

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
every other gear up or down is perfect.
You need to explain the downshifiting. The Full Throttle doesn't have throttle by wire so I'm fairly certain you can't just tap down on a closed throttle and the quickshifter takes care of the required blip...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been able to quick shift both up and down using the throttle. Not as sophisticated as a formal system but it can be done. For up shifts just put pressure on the lever and then do a quick throttle chop. It takes some practice to get it right but it works fairly well. For down shifts I put pressure on the lever and then just roll out of the throttle and then back in. Not as smooth but if you are not pressed you can get it right. Down side to all this is if you are hot into a turn it is just too difficult to accomplish. The black and gold bikes are cable throttle so the add on quick shifters will not work. Not sure about the blue and silver I think they may have received ride by wire but that is a guess because I think they did get lean angle ABS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts