Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t know, I don’t think about it TBH, not good for my blood pressure 😂 I know they use the RSD tank/seat but no one has protested them yet..
Still the subframe rule is a bit silly, introduced only after I built this… Basically by changing the subframe rear frame attachment I could alter rake to suit different tracks.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also started on the bodywork, this normally takes me forever as I’m fussy and try to make the bike comfortable for the rider. I recycled the side panels as I want some kind of relationship to the donor bike and went from there. Luck would have wanted that the seat from last year bike fits the frame fine so I just made another one from the mould and stuck it on. Works fine and there’ll be a “family feeling” about the two bikes..
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Engineering

Automotive tire Snow Slope Tree Tints and shades

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this is the intake set up, still rough AF but I’m pleased with how it fits. The good guys at DNA filters really come through with these one-off factory looking babies, they even put the slot for the MAP sensor which will make my life easier.
Fitting this took a bit of thinking as the OEM set up uses the airbox as a mounting for the throttle bodies and the trumpet mounts onto it without a flange, so a few bits had to be fabricated.
Anyway, all worked out in the end.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork Bicycle part

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every day is a Christmas Day at the moment. Hydroform exhaust landed today, but as it is a prototype from HP Corse I’m embargoed on pictures for a little longer.
But this is the business end of things.

I mean, look at the thing!

Also got the tubing to make the link pipe as we use a different swingarm to bring the wheel in so I can’t run it behind the crankcases..

Microphone Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Hood Rectangle

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Things have moved on in the workshop and they need to, as we have the first test on the 26th, only a couple of weeks away.
A big ✅ today has been the rear shock.
In theory this unit does not exist, as the only Ohlins available for the 1100 is the 517, and yet, here we are 😜, fully adjustable unit. I’m only missing the remote preload but is unnecessary for us.
Next to it, the shock for the 800, now freshly serviced and rebuilt.
Also I’ve finished rebuilding the forks (we use modified R6 units, lots of FT guys do that) for both bikes, so we should have the bike up on wheels soon!
Automotive tire Cable Auto part Font Automotive wheel system

Amber Wood Auto part Cable Fashion accessory

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Special bits keep on trickling in the Officina for the build.
I was worried about damaging the RBW in case of a spill on track and carrying a spare is not really the best option. Also wanted access to the riding modes on the LHS switchgear without the bulk of the switchgear itself.
Enter this two Jetprime cuties. I can’t thank the guys enough: they were nice enough to build to spec with lengthened wiring and turn them around in two days after the OEM parts I sent down got stuck in customs for 2 weeks, thanks Brexit 🤬🤬🤬

The LHS carries the Italian flag colours, and the RHS the UK one 😉
Hand Arm Bicycle handlebar Finger Cameras & optics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts