Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'll be ever pleased how well it did!

OK, it was NOT my idea.
Bikke, a co-presenter on the Good, the Mad & the Bubbly show, below, mentioned that Bike Shed are dong some sort of race meet for cafe racer bikes. It piqued my interest but just didn;t fancy it. Mostly because I have not been on a track before!

Bikke later asked me if he could borrow the Ducati and he will race it in the senior race.

So, what does one do? He is a mate and it would make for good content but this is my little baby and I really like it and what if he smashes it up!

In the end, I trusted his experience. The race was a few weeks away but we got in.
Bikke changed the oil and said it needed new tyres so I bought some new Pirellis.

The day came and Bikke thrashed the nuts off it. I was crapping myself the whole time and it was a great day out.

There is a better video to come with Bikke doing a voiceover but, for now, this is the race itself!

I should add. This was the only 800cc bike in the race and the others were 1 liter bikes and some were track focussed.

Well done the Scrambler!!!! (oh - and Bikke :p )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, yeah, he nearly got taken out right at the start and a few times in bends. I couldn;t see that from the stand but made me wince when i saw it on film.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For Bikke, the limiting factor was the SP Projects exhaust!
I think you see it in the video.
He did say he couldn't get it over as much as he wanted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts