Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are people who like Rexxer and Rapidbike out there. I would like to know if Rapidbike can offer the same performance as Rexxer?

So far I am leaning toward Rapidbike more, because of the adaptive function. Which means I can constantly modify the performance of the bike without spending extra money on re-flashing the ECU. Also Rapidbike offer quickshifter, which is not a bad thing compare to Rexxer?

I am planning to do:
- MWR Powerup Kit
- Full Exhaust
- Maybe some engine mods
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/19/17 -Installed Akra Full Exhaust, MWR Air-Filter, Rapidbike Evo
After 600miles of riding, I noticed the bike runs slightly smoother and pulls little harder than stock form. But is it very noticeable? Not really.
One thing, I can feel a sort of torque dip between 3500-4000rpm. That might just be the full exhaust altering the air flow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome young fella, you sure are keen to power up your Scrambler. From what I have just read, the Rapidbike fuel module looks the business and probably offers more tuning potential than the Rexxer. However, before you go throwing mega $s on engine upgrades you have mentioned, I urge you to first consider addressing the Scrambler's rather basic suspension performance. Otherwise, all the engine power and responsiveness improvements will be useless when hobbled by the stock suspension.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome young fella, you sure are keen to power up your Scrambler. From what I have just read, the Rapidbike fuel module looks the business and probably offers more tuning potential than the Rexxer. However, before you go throwing mega $s on engine upgrades you have mentioned, I urge you to first consider addressing the Scrambler's rather basic suspension performance. Otherwise, all the engine power and responsiveness improvements will be useless when hobbled by the stock suspension.
Hey, I totally agree with you! Actually I have been looking for suspension upgrade for the 2017 Scrambler Cafe Racer, because I immediately realized the importance of getting a good suspension on the bike after pushing hard on the canyon. However, Ducati has changed the dimensions of the forks and the shock. I am just waiting for the suspension companies to come out one for the bike. Before that I think I am going to work on the sound and performance.

So I guess I should go ahead with the Rapidbike.

·
Registered
182 Posts
AFAIK no one on this forum has yet used the Rapidbike module, but the decision is your's to make. I would have thought some of the Rexxer users would have been along here before now. My only consideration would be to weigh up whether it is really worth spending a considerable sum of your hard-earned on complicating what is basically such a simple and moderately powered motorcycle. There are plenty of more modern and far more powerful machines on the market for similar money, but your call.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have a Rexxer unit but no experience with Rapidbike myself. My experience with the Rexxer unit is very positive and I had 3 maps included as part of the purchase. All 3 maps are based on eliminating the Cat, adding after market silencer and a BMC air filter. 1 retains the 02 sensors while the other 2 maps do not and 1 of these maps is more aggressive than the other. I dont have the 02 sensors attached so use either map 2 or 3 depending on my nood and if I want to burn fuel faster ....I do like the idea that you can mess about with map settings for the Rapidbike so might have considered that route had it been available back in 2015.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFAIK no one on this forum has yet used the Rapidbike module, but the decision is your's to make. I would have thought some of the Rexxer users would have been along here before now. My only consideration would be to weigh up whether it is really worth spending a considerable sum of your hard-earned on complicating what is basically such a simple and moderately powered motorcycle. There are plenty of more modern and far more powerful machines on the market for similar money, but your call.
Personally, I just like to work with bike because its fun to personalize the bike to whatever you want. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Rexxer unit but no experience with Rapidbike myself. My experience with the Rexxer unit is very positive and I had 3 maps included as part of the purchase. All 3 maps are based on eliminating the Cat, adding after market silencer and a BMC air filter. 1 retains the 02 sensors while the other 2 maps do not and 1 of these maps is more aggressive than the other. I dont have the 02 sensors attached so use either map 2 or 3 depending on my nood and if I want to burn fuel faster ....I do like the idea that you can mess about with map settings for the Rapidbike so might have considered that route had it been available back in 2015.
I just ordered the MWR Power Up Kit, Akrapovic Full System, and the Rapdibike. I went ahead with the Rapidbike, because it offers accessories like Quickshifter, Pit Lane limiter etc. I am getting the exhaust tmr. But I am not sure if I put on the full exhaust before tuning the bike would cause the Engine Light to come on.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I just ordered the MWR Power Up Kit, Akrapovic Full System, and the Rapdibike. I went ahead with the Rapidbike, because it offers accessories like Quickshifter, Pit Lane limiter etc. I am getting the exhaust tmr. But I am not sure if I put on the full exhaust before tuning the bike would cause the Engine Light to come on.
Engine light no but will not run as good as with the new mapping

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed a rapidbike on my 2015 urban enduro a few weeks ago. It comes with a baseline map to approximately match your setup, and then tunes overtime using the 02 sensors. Right off the bat I noticed the powerband was smoother and the jerkiness at low RPM was reduced. The first couple of gas tanks through were definitely at a lower MPG - I only got 150km before the light went on. I've put about 1200km on it any range is back up to around 185km - 195km highway.

The install is a little bit challenging just in terms of figuring out the cable routing, but the lengths of each parts of the harness make it so there's really only 1 way it'll work (particularly under the seat in the battery box). All the connections but 1 use stock connectors so that part is simple and no worries about termination issues. Mine started up with no issues the first try - if I can do it, anyone can.

Next step for me will be to cut a little slot in the plastic area where the module sits so I can run the harness straight out of it. I also want to USB in and see what the fuel mapping has been doing - but that's just for curiosities sake.

If its relevant I also have an Hp Corse exhaust.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed a rapidbike on my 2015 urban enduro a few weeks ago. It comes with a baseline map to approximately match your setup, and then tunes overtime using the 02 sensors. Right off the bat I noticed the powerband was smoother and the jerkiness at low RPM was reduced. The first couple of gas tanks through were definitely at a lower MPG - I only got 150km before the light went on. I've put about 1200km on it any range is back up to around 185km - 195km highway.

The install is a little bit challenging just in terms of figuring out the cable routing, but the lengths of each parts of the harness make it so there's really only 1 way it'll work (particularly under the seat in the battery box). All the connections but 1 use stock connectors so that part is simple and no worries about termination issues. Mine started up with no issues the first try - if I can do it, anyone can.

Next step for me will be to cut a little slot in the plastic area where the module sits so I can run the harness straight out of it. I also want to USB in and see what the fuel mapping has been doing - but that's just for curiosities sake.

If its relevant I also have an Hp Corse exhaust.
Hey! thank you very much for sharing your story. I am bery excited to have it installed, but I still havent received the Rapidbike yet. I have done something similar on my KTM RC390 before but with the Bazzaz unit. It was pretty hard for me to find a spot to store the unit because of its size and the length of the harness. Eventually, I bought a Lithium battery to shave off some spaces from the battery box. So I successfully put the unit there and have the usb cable plug in all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally, I just like to work with bike because its fun to personalize the bike to whatever you want. lol
Couldn't agree with you more! As much as I enjoy riding, it's almost as fun getting new bits to make your ride more personal! I have Akra on all of my other bikes dating back to the late 90's so expect I will get around to adding one to the cafe racer at some point. Let us know how the Rapidbike setup treats you, looks like a nice unit. If you find success with it I may pull the trigger myself!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couldn't agree with you more! As much as I enjoy riding, it's almost as fun getting new bits to make your ride more personal! I have Akra on all of my other bikes dating back to the late 90's so expect I will get around to adding one to the cafe racer at some point. Let us know how the Rapidbike setup treats you, looks like a nice unit. If you find success with it I may pull the trigger myself!
For sure! I am still waiting for the Rapidbike, it should be around here in first week of June. tiptoptopher has experience with the unit. I guess it would be fine to pull the trigger, since it can adapt to all different parts. Anyway, I will post some pictures when I install it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
6/19/17 -Installed Akra Full Exhaust, MWR Air-Filter, Rapidbike Evo
After 600miles of riding, I noticed the bike runs slightly smoother and pulls little harder than stock form. But is it very noticeable? Not really.
One thing, I can feel a sort of torque dip between 3500-4000rpm. That might just be the full exhaust altering the air flow.
I was looking at the Rapidbike as well, however I'm disappointed to hear that you haven't noticed much difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was looking at the Rapidbike as well, however I'm disappointed to hear that you haven't noticed much difference.
Yea, i mean only a few horsepower increase doesn't really make a big difference. Reason for getting the rapidbike is just to save money for future tuning. So u can always modify the bike without going through the tuner everytime.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you looked at dual throttle bodies?

Also have you found a fender eliminator that looks good?
Yes, I have looked into it. But I think the suspension needed to be changed before more power are put in the engine. I haven't looked into the fender eliminator yet, but I like the stock looks lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hear you about the suspension, my forks going out tomorrow to get Ohlins cartridges installed.

Found the evotech tail tidy, however if I get it still have to modify it to make it look like I want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear you about the suspension, my forks going out tomorrow to get Ohlins cartridges installed.

Found the evotech tail tidy, however if I get it still have to modify it to make it look like I want.
Hey, I am not so sure if the Ohlins catridges would work on the Cafe Racer because the forks length is different to other scrambler models. I contacted ohlins before, and they said they only have the one for the Icon, Full throttle (the one with 18" front wheel). But if you are able to install it, let me know! I am very interested in it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts