Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an aftermarket rear fender for the Desert Sled that is longer?
I think that the motorcycle would look better with a longer fender like on true off road bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there an aftermarket rear fender for the Desert Sled that is longer?
I think that the motorcycle would look better with a longer fender like on true off road bikes.
I think you can modify the rear fender off the Scrambler Classic model to fit the subframe of the Sled. Look at the 2018 models or earlier. I’ve seen it done by others and it looks pretty good and certainly functions better than the stock Design.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I forgot to mention that some have wrapped it in white vinyl to match the front fender if it works for you and you don’t want to paint it. Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I found one on ebay. It's cheap. I might give it a try. Thanks
Good thing you found one used that's cheap cuz new Ducati wants waaay too much for it, close to $200. I paid less with a club discount but still stupid expensive for a small fender. It's aluminum which is part of the issue. I wish Ducati or ??? made one in white plastic.

You will need to drill another hole in the rear license plate bracket to line up with the mounting tab on the fender, Ducati couldn't see to make it a direct fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The one off a Scrambler Classic will fit, but costs $230 from my dealer in California. I made a mud flap or fender extension out of a 5 gallon bucket (no eye rolling until you look at the pictures.) I unbolted the fender from the mount, and slid a piece of cardboard between the mount and the fender, and sketched a template. Next I transferred the template to the side of the bucket and cut it out. A belt sander works well for the final shaping. It looks OK, is functional and all that for $3.99. Choose your color!
IMG_20200401_161455.jpg
IMG_20200401_161502.jpg
IMG_20200401_161949.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
The one off a Scrambler Classic will fit, but costs $230 from my dealer in California. I made a mud flap or fender extension out of a 5 gallon bucket (no eye rolling until you look at the pictures.) I unbolted the fender from the mount, and slid a piece of cardboard between the mount and the fender, and sketched a template. Next I transferred the template to the side of the bucket and cut it out. A belt sander works well for the final shaping. It looks OK, is functional and all that for $3.99. Choose your color!

No eye rolling here, looks OEM good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts