Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
My wife accodentaly hit her legs on the indicator on my brand new 1100 sport pro and the indicator fell off from its place and is now hanging.. It looks like a flexible mounting but before i try with all my might to push it back in thought I will seek advice. Any advice will be appreciated? Thanks!

Registered
The indicator should have a screw holding it to the subframe but, with a brand new bike assembled on a Monday or Friday (possibly the other three days too), it might have been left off. You will probably have to take the rear plate assembly apart to re-connect it permanently. This link 2018 Monster 1200 S will take you to a parts book for a 2018 Monster -- find "Diagram 28B, plate holder" to see how the indicators are assembled.
That said, you might be able to force it back into position temporarily. Use a lubricant that doesn't damage rubber; a small amount of liquid dish soap (Dawn or ?) mixed with water would be my first choice. Get the rubber support started in the hole, rotate it while pushing, use a small flat blade screwdriver to force remaining rubber through the hole. Be careful not to cut the rubber with the screwdriver. When the soap dries, it will stop being a lubricant and the indicator should remain in place...until your wife hits it again 馃榿

Registered
View attachment 45432 Hi Guys,
My wife accodentaly hit her legs on the indicator on my brand new 1100 sport pro and the indicator fell off from its place and is now hanging.. It looks like a flexible mounting but before i try with all my might to push it back in thought I will seek advice. Any advice will be appreciated? Thanks!
What Bill said but with some pictures and a link to lots of interesting drawings and parts diagrams for the Scrambler.
Screenshot_20200806-070633.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-070701.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts