Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Rear luggage rack, bag/box options

21K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Spliff 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks; I didn’t think about the baseplate swap solution. And I already have some Givi boxes that could work so maybe there’s actually a chance I could get it all to work. Time to check the Givi website!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Hi I used a Givi monokey M48 aluminium plate, I had to drill it suit the holes on the Ducati rack (used 6 of the Ducati plate bolts to secure it)

Previous to this I used my plastic givi box and plastic mounting plate, but the aluminium one looks much better.

Thanks Mick

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Mountainous landforms Supermoto

#7 ·
Hi I used a Givi monokey M48 aluminium plate, I had to drill it suit the holes on the Ducati rack (used 6 of the Ducati plate bolts to secure it)
If you load that thing up it will be permanently wheelie time. :05.18-flustered:
I would be way more concerned about where the rack attaches to the frame under the seat. It's not overly strong there and with that arrangement on anything other than a billiard table smooth road there is going to be a considerable leverage applied as the box bounces up and over road undulations.

#8 ·
Just done 400 miles with approx 8 kg in it and a passenger over bumpy roads in the Yorkshire dales and Lake District,
All fixings checked with no issues. An M8 bolt can hold a lot of weight if properly fitted, I was more worried about the rack failing than the mounting points or rear subframe, but it is a fairly well made rack with no tight bends in the tubular framework and strengthening where needed.

The set up works for me with no issues but it’s up to inviduals if they want to use the same method..

It wheelies just as easy without the box on

#9 ·
I am about to do the exact same thing. I already have the Ducati rack install and received the M8 plate the other day.

When installing did you remove the original silver base-plate that came with Ducati rack and then drill holes in the Givi plate to match the mount holes in the rack or did you bolt the Givi plate directly on to the original silver base plate without removing it?

Thanks

#13 ·
For anyone else looking into doing this, here are some pictures of my completed conversion. Was able to bolt the M8 rack into Scrambler OEM rack by removing the aluminum base plate and drilling holes in the M8 plate to match those in the rack.

View attachment 41151 View attachment 41153
Hi;

You say, that you remove the original plate, so I can suppose that you had to buy the Ducati rack with the genuine plate. Did you ask to the seller if it was possible to buy only the fittings?
Was it easy or hard to fit the m8 plate?.

Thanks for your reply

Rafa

#18 · (Edited)
Hepco have quite a few options depending on your needs ...

I am going to get one to use with my Kriega bags. Not sure how they would pair up with a topbox but they do do ones that are more suitable ..