Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find this in the instruction manual. Should the Rebound adjuster screw be facing up or down after installing the shock? DU-605.

In other words, should the thicker fork of the top mount be facing outwards or inwards into the bike?

Thicker upper facing outward = Rebound adjuster screw facing upwards
Thinner upper facing outward = Rebound adjuster screw facing downwards

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I don’t thing top and bottom clevis are identical.

Edit, nvm, my previous remark was stupid. I think (as others have said) with the adjuster up.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
InkedIMG_20190323_123649_LI.jpg

Or the other way around? I believe it's this way, screw facing up, thick part facing away/out from the bike.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can confirm this is the correct way to install it. The way it shows in the pic.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Upside down, or front to back?

If the rebound adjuster is visible it's fine.

(on most shocks top and bottom parts can rotate independently)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Upside down, or front to back?

If the rebound adjuster is visible it's fine.

(on most shocks top and bottom parts can rotate independently)
If most shock top/bottom can rotate then there's no issue but my understanding is that the upper mounting fork, should be thicker part pointing away from the bike so that at the bottom, you have the rebound adjuster facing up...so you can have easy access to it. This shock has a small allen hex rebound adjuster instead of the turn knob as is on other versions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah I believe my rebounds adjuster is facing down although I can still reach it. I might consider flipping it around just to have it facing up. Otherwise it’s been working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I don't know why Ohlins doesn't have install instructions anywhere but here's a picture from the KYB install manual which clearly states to have the rebound adjuster facing up. The KYB from what I can tell also has the same thickness of the top mounting fork whereas the Ohlins doesn't. I am only speculating that it matters which way it's mounted due to that aspect as well?

Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just did the install myself, super easy with the car jack between the rear wheel and fender...just took it slow to make sure no screws were stripped etc...had to remove the left foot rest assembly and plastic cover behind the shock.

IMG_20190330_125418.jpg
IMG_20190330_145414.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts