Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very excited about getting my new DS in a few weeks... I'm after some panniers and a rear rack to fit a soft bag/rotopax as will be doing a fair bit of touring and a bit of gravel road/dirt tracks. Ltd gear here in New Zealand...but able to get Kriega gear and, Ducati stuff through the dealer.

1. Anyone know if a Ducati performance rear rack for DS is compatible with fitting the Kriega OS platform for the panniers? Any other rear rack or pannier platform recommendations? I can get the Ducati soft bag site supports but not found any reviews on these and if they work with non Ducati panniers.

2. Also looking at an SW Motech Crash guard - understand will need to cut plastic covers. Anyone recommend an alternative? Can't easily get the Hepco & Becker (they look great) and understand there are some break switch issues when fitting with a later model DS?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi!

From my personal experience mounting those to a 2021 DS, here is what I can tell you:

I use the SW Motech Crash guard (it is true that you have to cut a piece of plastic) and they've worked really well so far. I've dropped the bike twice and together with a set of Barkbusters handguards, they've protected the bike quite well. I've also seen people mounting "adventure" lights on it but I've never done it. Also, I tried to attach some 5L crash bar dry bags but it was quite tricky. Other crash bars for other bike models have better pipe shapes, but these are a bit awkard for crash bar bags.

I've been using the Hepco & Becker easy rack (with the C-Bows for side bags) since 2019 (on an Icon then on the DS) and they work really well, plus they are very easy to install or remove. I've modified the rack a bit so I was able to attach a 5L rotopax in either the side panel or the rear rack. I would definitely buy them again, but If you can't get hold of those in NZ perhaps someone else has experience with another alternative.

Hope this helps a bit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!

From my personal experience mounting those to a 2021 DS, here is what I can tell you:

I use the SW Motech Crash guard (it is true that you have to cut a piece of plastic) and they've worked really well so far. I've dropped the bike twice and together with a set of Barkbusters handguards, they've protected the bike quite well. I've also seen people mounting "adventure" lights on it but I've never done it. Also, I tried to attach some 5L crash bar dry bags but it was quite tricky. Other crash bars for other bike models have better pipe shapes, but these are a bit awkard for crash bar bags.

I've been using the Hepco & Becker easy rack (with the C-Bows for side bags) since 2019 (on an Icon then on the DS) and they work really well, plus they are very easy to install or remove. I've modified the rack a bit so I was able to attach a 5L rotopax in either the side panel or the rear rack. I would definitely buy them again, but If you can't get hold of those in NZ perhaps someone else has experience with another alternative.

Hope this helps a bit!
Hi and thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I couldn't readily get hold of the SW Motech, or Hepco & Becker bars so I've ordered some Ducati Bull Bars. I'm not sure if they cover/protect any of the lower engine, as I've only seen close up pictures but will have to wait and see!

I went with the Ducati rear scrambler aluminium rack, and for panniers I've ordered the Givi side rack monoke, and intend to fit a Kriega OS Platform (fingers crossed it will fit easily on the Givi side rack without any modification) and some OS soft pannier bags. It may be a few weeks yet before bike finally arrives but will be happy to post some pictures once it's all fitted.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts