Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch this and adjust their rear shock to remove sag as indicated in the video?

I'm not sure if the tips by Dave apply to the Italia since the front height/angle is different compared to the stock Scrambler?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm pretty ignorant on these matters but I thought sag was sag, so without watching the vid I'd probably say he as it correct. I standby to be shot down in flames!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What he's saying is that the bike has too much sag with the factory setting and when the rider sits down it drops the back part of the bike out of alignment with the front end but the classic scrambler has a different setup in the front compared to the Italia...the adjustment is supposed to make the ride better...video is short, have a peek

·
Registered
734 Posts
I did adjust the the front end as per the video and ride is much more stable in the corners.
those who haven't do it, just try it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did adjust the the front end as per the video and ride is much more stable in the corners.
those who haven't do it, just try it.
Can you please explain how to adjust the front end? I don't understand what the video is suggesting other than him saying "6.5mm is ideal instead of the 2mm stock"

You didn't adjust the rear?

·
Registered
734 Posts
you will need a caliper. measure stock height - distance between the triple clamp and the top of the fork legs.
then,
first lift the bike(front tire cannot touch the floor), then you will have to loose(NO need to remove them completely) the the screws from the steering head (upper and lower - part that hold the Fork leg) and raise the fork leg SLOWLY and keep measuring until you get 6.5mm of distance. Re-torque the screws and take a ride. You can increase or decrease the distance between the triple clamp and the top of the fork legs, it depends how's your bike ride.

I have a Nitron shock on the rear and is already adjusted for my weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts