Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 44t rear sprocket today from the ever efficient B&C Express, a nice hard anodised Renthal, they confirmed it's the same fitment as the 899 Panigale ;-) So lots of choice if you're looking to swap the gearing about.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I ordered a 44t rear sprocket today from the ever efficient B&C Express, a nice hard anodised Renthal, they confirmed it's the same fitment as the 899 Panigale ;-) So lots of choice if you're looking to swap the gearing about.
Thanks for that tip :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was just over £28. I wanted to swap it asap to avoid fitting it to a stretched chain and killing it quickly. If it's still too tall I'll try a 43, but I think 44 will still keep it zippy, but calm it down and give it some more legs ;-)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It arrived first thing, great service! I've attached a picture of the label to confirm alternative fitment to help source other sprockets, or in case you already have one kicking about the workshop ;-)

20150527_093250_resized.jpg
20150527_093230_resized.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fitted the new sprocket this afternoon, but might not get out until Sunday to test. Be aware though, that the adjusters are a fair way back, any smaller than 44t and you might be looking at taking links out of the chain.

20150528_213558.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Nice job Nutty, looks great too, :) I agree with Albie re chain, shame to damage the new sprocket , but it does depend on how many miles you've already done on it, ;)
Maybe better to take a link out though, getting close to the limit ,

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's still a fair bit of adjustment, and I've only done 650 miles on this chain, so not enough stretch to damage the sprocket. I'll ride it as it is and see how I get on, it was only £28 ;-)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First ride today, it feels great! Much less work buzzing through the gears, you can use the torque to pull you around more instead on dancing on the gearlever. As the 6,000 rpm block lights, the speedo shows 88 mph, I think it was about 80 before?

·
Registered
564 Posts
First ride today, it feels great! Much less work buzzing through the gears, you can use the torque to pull you around more instead on dancing on the gearlever. As the 6,000 rpm block lights, the speedo shows 88 mph, I think it was about 80 before?
On a private road or track obviously!...;)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts