Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents looking to get a Desert Sled next week so any recommendations of a cool helmet to go with it ?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Do you mean cool as in temperature or visual appeal?
If it is the visual appeal option the Bell Moto-3 really is the only option. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point I meant as in looks , I’m from Scotland in the UK so it’s not very often I get too hot.
Cheers nice helmet choice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoei Hornet or the Arai Your X4
HJC make something similar called the DS X4 Tactic dual sport or something like that. Depends on budget
l had the Arai X4 before when I had a GS and got rid of it after a while but at that time I was doing high miles touring and a normal helmet was more suited. I had thought about another one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve come across that photo before while doing my research and thought thats cool
Cheers buddy I paired the lid with the Klim Viper pro goggles, the frame and the nose piece fit really snug in the opening allowing hardly any wind inwith a buff I wear this lid all year round...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers buddy I paired the lid with the Klim Viper pro goggles, the frame and the nose piece fit really snug in the opening allowing hardly any wind inwith a buff I wear this lid all year round...

Is it possible to get goggles that fit over specs , they do look cool as fuck just I would be struggling without my specs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it possible to get goggles that fit over specs , they do look cool as fuck just I would be struggling without my specs.
Yes definatlely! Not sure if my goggles do but I’ve seen guys riding with goggles and glasses

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes definatlely! Not sure if my goggles do but I’ve seen guys riding with goggles and glasses

Must admit it does look the business , what’s it like riding with compared to a full face helmet ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Must admit it does look the business , what’s it like riding with compared to a full face helmet ?
I came from a sports bike to the Sled, the Ex-Zero isn’t as sealed as a full face but you only really notice it at high speed and to be honest, on the Sled, you never hit those speeds. I went for the Viper goggles after watching the review below, they’re pricey but the fit is absolutely awesome also the lens is photochromic, plus you get a spare photochromic lens in the box:-

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Gents looking to get a Desert Sled next week so any recommendations of a cool helmet to go with it ?
You can look at the; 'STORMER PEARL OPEN FACE 3/4 GLITTER' helmet. It's got a quick release ratchet type chin strap closure,,,,cost is USD $80.99,,,,,i wanted the 'old school' look,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am surprised the DMD didn't get a mention, old school cool and Italian. Hard to find here in the Staes but fits the bill. Moto 3 is the default and if you're SUPER swanky the Hedon lids are cool. Hedon Heroine is on brand. HiFi is my dream helmet. Price tag is a tough pill to swallow tho. Heroine Classic HFI
On my long rides I like the AGV Gloria.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am surprised the DMD didn't get a mention, old school cool and Italian. Hard to find here in the Staes but fits the bill. Moto 3 is the default and if you're SUPER swanky the Hedon lids are cool. Hedon Heroine is on brand. HiFi is my dream helmet. Price tag is a tough pill to swallow tho. Heroine Classic HFI
On my long rides I like the AGV Gloria.
They are cool , had to do a google search . Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
My favorite helmet type is the adventure helmet with a large bill and flip down visor. Great for sun, wind and bugs. I have Shoei and Arai street helmets and a couple of dirt helmets, and the adventure helmet is my favorite now. Generally, the adventure helmets will provide better ventilation, which is good in California, but my not be warm enough in other climates. As far as brand goes, it's just a matter of what fits your budget and you head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just ordered the new scorpion exo hx1 ... very mean looking and can be used with "regular" windshield or whit a sun visor/peak and googles.... they also come with internal drop down sunvisor... go check that one out!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts