Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did they mention why? ie: did Ducati update the stock map, or are they just being nice and giving you the 'Race' map for free? Are they charging you?

·
Registered
178 Posts
When I took my wife's Icon in for it's first service last week, I asked the dealer about updated mapping. He told me he wasn't aware of any updates but if there had been any they would happen automatically, as the bike is always plugged into the diagnostics as part of the service.

I can't say I noticed any particular differences in running on the trip over compared to the trip back, a sixty mile each way run.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They just told me it is a "new Ducati fuel map dealer campaign" to be done after the first 1000km service. I get my bike tomorrow morning and will tell you about any differences. They said the bike will feel "more powerfull". No charges.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine aleady had the Termi RACE map so I don't think they changed mapping.

But the shifting (which has always been smooth from day 1) is now even smoother.

On the way home yesterday, some of the shifts were so smooth, I could not feel anything at all, with my foot. I thought a couple times, "why didn't that go up to next gear?" But when I let out clutch, it WAS in next gear.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've got a race termi ready to be fitted, just not sure if I should wait for the first service or not!
Mine was fitted when I first picked it up. Mechanic told me yesterday, it took some fiddling to get things aligned. Then yesterday, he did the belly pan & then more fiddling for alignment.

If you do belly pan & Termi, it would save time to do both together, if possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm only 200miles from first service so I'll see if the dealer can do it then for free, if not I'll give it a go myself! Along with the FT bars

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm only 200miles from first service so I'll see if the dealer can do it then for free, if not I'll give it a go myself! Along with the FT bars
If you do it yourself, dealer will still have to flash the new tune in for you.

So if you are any distance from your dealer, plan accordingly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, at the moment I don't know of anyone that has cracked the Scrambler ECU to the point we can start downloading and uploading fuel maps ourselves. I'm waiting for people much smarter than me to figure it out and then I'll try to support them any way I can. I'd like to at least be able to reset the service lamps and countdown clocks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just picked up mine from dealer today after it's first service(I brought it in at just over 1,000mi). They mentioned something about a kickstand fix but I was in a hurry and didn't get more details. On the way home I noticed the 'snatchy' throttle is gone! Unless I am 100% used to it I dont feel the quick to grab/control throttle at low speeds or around turns I had before...maybe a remap?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That would be nice to know. Can you get the service details from your dealer?

Sarah

·
Registered
178 Posts
Put simply, there is a fuel and ignition map (think of it as a progarmme) stored in the ECU (electronic control unit) which controls all of the various parameters for metering fuel, ignition timing, advance, etc.

As a generalisation, the standard map on most bikes is set as much with emissions regulations in mind as peformance. What this can mean is that the optimum fuel / ignition setting for smooth running / performance is often compromised to meet emissions legislation.

Re-mapping is a programme overwrite, which if done well eliminates any lean surges, hesitancy, harshness and restores optimum performance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put simply, there is a fuel and ignition map (think of it as a progarmme) stored in the ECU (electronic control unit) which controls all of the various parameters for metering fuel, ignition timing, advance, etc.

As a generalisation, the standard map on most bikes is set as much with emissions regulations in mind as peformance. What this can mean is that the optimum fuel / ignition setting for smooth running / performance is often compromised to meet emissions legislation.

Re-mapping is a programme overwrite, which if done well eliminates any lean surges, hesitancy, harshness and restores optimum performance.
Thank you Joe! What does this typically cost?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts