Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’d like to remove the passenger foot peg/rests from my desert sled. My question is, can the triangular frame they are attached to be removed as well? The left side looks ok, but the right seems to have the rear brake reservoir mounted to it.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have them removed, was really simple. Ideally you need two slightly shorter bolts on the right side, but you can completely remove the left and right triangle.

Just support the exhaust while you remove the right side, else you may have a little problems lining up the holes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have them removed, was really simple. Ideally you need two slightly shorter bolts on the right side, but you can completely remove the left and right triangle.

Just support the exhaust while you remove the right side, else you may have a little problems lining up the holes.
Thanks for the tip! I'll give this a go over the week end.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What Max Kool said - I've done the same, and shorter bolts help, but the stock ones will still work fine. Bike looks SO much better with them removed. I will say that the only plus side of having the triangular frames installed is it helped me when I used Rok Straps to secure some camping gear down to the seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, I removed them over the weekend. Left side was easy as simply remove two bolts. Right side I firstly supported the cat/exhaust with a car jack, then loosened the bolts a little. Removed the top one, swung the triangle down a little so it was out of the way, and then replaced the top bolt. Then repeat the procedure on the bottom bolt. One thing is be careful that the triangle does not swing down and hit the exhaust. All done now and looks much better. 10 - 15min job in total.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts