Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I've read a lot on this forum and the guides, how-tos, exhaust videos, and pictures have been great.

I haven't been able to find a thread on battery removal which may be relevant to those about to experience cold temperatures and may bring their batteries indoors until the roads thaw.

Did I miss something, or is there a best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The workshop manual is readility available on line and I am sure that will have directions on how to remove or change the battery.

·
Registered
734 Posts
All, I've read a lot on this forum and the guides, how-tos, exhaust videos, and pictures have been great.

I haven't been able to find a thread on battery removal which may be relevant to those about to experience cold temperatures and may bring their batteries indoors until the roads thaw.

Did I miss something, or is there a best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
do you keep your bike outdoor?

removing the battery is just one of the easier task to do on our Scrambler, better buy/connect a battery tender and forget about removing the battery.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

removing the battery is just one of the easier task to do on our Scrambler, better buy/connect a battery tender and forget about removing the battery.
She stays in the garage, and I have the option of stringing an extension cord out there with a battery tender but at some point will probably be changing the battery out (likely before expected expiration at year 3 or so).

Was just trying to fill a knowledge gap

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The workshop manual is readility available on line and I am sure that will have directions on how to remove or change the battery.
I'm sure that the manual has many directions but I'm also sure that this forum has a how-to section for a reason :rolleyes-84:

·
Registered
733 Posts
View attachment 37283
upload_2018-11-21_14-20-30.png

See above - but in English

Remove the seat by using your key to unlock it and lift the seat off.

Using a 3mm Allen key (could be 4mm) remove the 1 screw that fixes the cover across the top of the battery (3) and remove the cover that exposes the terminals - note this has to be slid o the back of the bike and up.

Using a Phillips X Head screwdriver - or 10mm spanner - remove the screw securing the negative terminal.

Remove the terminal from the battery - taking care not to loose the nut or screw.

Using a Phillips X Head screwdriver - or 10mm spanner - remove the screw securing the positive terminal.

Remove the terminal from the battery.- taking care not to loose the nut or screw.

Lift the battery out of the holder..

Fitting is a reversal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm sure that the manual has many directions but I'm also sure that this forum has a how-to section for a reason :rolleyes-84:
Granted but what other responses have you received so far?
The know how I offered you is that if you download the factory workshop manual you will have immediate access to the factory know how on all aspects of your bike including your particular question when you need it and you will not have to wait days to get no answer to your question. I’m sure you have heard the fable about the difference between giving a person a fish and teaching them how to fish.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The know how I offered you is that if you download the factory workshop manual you will have immediate access to the factory know how on all aspects of your bike including your particular question when you need it and you will not have to wait days to get no answer to your question. I’m sure you have heard the fable about the difference between giving a person a fish and teaching them how to fish.
I can remove a battery but I’ve not heard the “fish” thing??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had an unbelievably helpful response from Simon who even explained how he would do the process in plain English.

It is amazingly pretentious to point someone to a workshop manual (without a link, no less) and then call that "teaching". Remind me what you're the professor of so I can steer well clear of that class. If you have a degree in pedagogy, let me know the school awarding it so I can stay away from it, too.

For those that are seeing this and are looking for actual information exchange, the link to the workshop manual is below:

http://forumfoundrycdn.com/nickj/moto/ducati/MY2015/DUCATI 2015 ducati scrambler 800-new.pdf

Thanks again to Simon for making a new member feel welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts

It is NOT easy, unless you know how to screw the positive lead in at an angle. I have spent 45 minutes on it and given up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts