Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched and haven’t found much definitive information. I know at least one member on here removed the silencers from his stock Termi exhaust, thanks for the video, btw! Has anyone else done this and noticed much difference in sound? How about heat on the black Termi covers? Would this minor change cause need for remapping?

Wouldn’t mind a little more sound, especially for free and less than 5 min of work. Not willing to risk it for potential problems though.

Thanks in advance for input!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I should’ve mentioned; I’ve already pulled the silencers. The ones in the pic are mine. We have over a foot of snow on the ground and I was bored, so I took them off over the weekend. Looking for feedback from those who have done it and logged miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This guy did it ...

bm
I’ve searched and haven’t found much definitive information. I know at least one member on here removed the silencers from his stock Termi exhaust, thanks for the video, btw! Has anyone else done this and noticed much difference in sound? How about heat on the black Termi covers? Would this minor change cause need for remapping?

Wouldn’t mind a little more sound, especially for free and less than 5 min of work. Not willing to risk it for potential problems though.

Thanks in advance for input!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
25k miles no mufflers on my 2015 Full Throttle. I removed them at about 600 miles. No remapping plugs are good.. just a bit better sound.
Thanks! Did you do anything to secure the muffler covers? They seem pretty loose/wobbly without the mufflers attached...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
You could also cut the last few mm's off the stock mufflers, pull the guts (drop in spark arrestor screens if you want to), and reinstall them.

Looks stock to the untrained eye, and sounds much better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts