Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Gier, did you get round to fitting the mid pipe yet? I wondered what your impressions of it were in terms of sound change and any difference in heat output with the cat gone.

I've fitted the Healtech ESE-D01 and simply disconnected the servo for now so the exhaust valve stays open. I'm planning on changing the mid pipe for a de-cat, either the Mivv or the arrow.
Why not the Akrapovic midpipe? Imo it looks much sleeker then the bulky Arrow one and there isn't that much in price I think.
Heat will be down and sound will be up but not insane as the stock cat isn't very restrictive sound wise. Not own experience as I still have the cat for travelling threw Germany etc. but the subject already has been explored to depth by other forum members and this reflect their findings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The akra midpipe seems to have the integrated y splitter for the bilateral high mounted pipes.
Automotive exhaust Pipe Auto part Muffler Handle

I have the stacked termis so I need a shorter mid pipe without the Y splitter. The mivv looks sleeker without the bulge of the arrow. Also the arrow does not seem to have any mounting points?
Automotive exhaust Air intake part Auto part Exhaust system Muffler

Mivv version
Auto part Automotive exhaust Pipe

Arrow version

·
Registered
880 Posts
The akra midpipe seems to have the integrated y splitter for the bilateral high mounted pipes.
View attachment 45518
I have the stacked termis so I need a shorter mid pipe without the Y splitter. The mivv looks sleeker without the bulge of the arrow. Also the arrow does not seem to have any mounting points?
View attachment 45519

Mivv version
View attachment 45520
Arrow version
Ah I missed that you had the Termi end cans. You are right about the integrated y pipe on the Akrapovic. Then the Mivv looks like the best option. The extra mounting point is an interesting point but in the pictures of another forum member the Arrow also has the mounting point so I guess it's fine.
Automotive exhaust Pipe Auto part Exhaust manifold Exhaust system

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi all,
I need a bit of advice. I want to change the midpipe for a decat version. I've looked online and have seen the Mivv version for about £140 and a lextek version for about £50. Both are stainless steel and look very similar. The Mivv has better finished welds.

My question is, my existing midpipe seems to fit "over" the the header pipe at the join. Whereas in the photos both the Mivv and the Lextek seem narrower and fit "into" the header.

Mine:
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire

Mivv:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Lextek:
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Those who have changed their midpipe did you have this same issue?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi all,
I need a bit of advice. I want to change the midpipe for a decat version. I've looked online and have seen the Mivv version for about £140 and a lextek version for about £50. Both are stainless steel and look very similar. The Mivv has better finished welds.

My question is, my existing midpipe seems to fit "over" the the header pipe at the join. Whereas in the photos both the Mivv and the Lextek seem narrower and fit "into" the header.

Mine:
View attachment 47112

Mivv:
View attachment 47113

Lextek:
View attachment 47114

Those who have changed their midpipe did you have this same issue?
Your's looks kinda weird in the picture but the other ones look like they are fitting the wrong way around. Don't know whats going on here?
I would go for an Akrapovic btw wich has nicer lines and costs about the same as the Mivv. What year is your bike?
Here's mine:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks Skippy, mines a 2020 pro sport but I have the type approved stacked termis so need the shorter link pipe as mentioned above, the akra only comes with the y splitter.
Ah I missed that it was mentioned earlier in the thread a while a go. Explaines why it looked weird to me.
Mivv is not saying this pipe will fit on your model on their website so I don't know if this will fit in your situation. I guess there's only one way to find out...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you that does help. It's seems to be that for the pro models they have changed it slightly and made the mouth of the mid pipe larger, may be to make it easier to fit. On mine there actually appears to be some "packing" inside to make it air tight.

I'm going to wait and see what Mivv response is and will most likely order that one

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes I vaguely remember something about it having a wider diameter all the way across. I'm basically after a bit more volume from my bike as I feel the type approved termis are a bit quieter than I expected.

I've disabled the exhaust valve servo so no longer have the "quiet spot" between 3-4k revs. I'm hoping a decat mid pipe will add a little more volume and maybe a bit more decel popping which I quite like but don't hear often enough!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes I vaguely remember something about it having a wider diameter all the way across. I'm basically after a bit more volume from my bike as I feel the type approved termis are a bit quieter than I expected.

I've disabled the exhaust valve servo so no longer have the "quiet spot" between 3-4k revs. I'm hoping a decat mid pipe will add a little more volume and maybe a bit more decel popping which I quite like but don't hear often enough!
Yeah the type aproved Termi's are even quiter then stock acording to some that's why I ended up going with the Akrapovic end cans that can have the db killers removed(with some tricks) and then sound hella loud even with the cat.
I did have contact with Termignoni's importer back then and he said that the eu aproved Termi could also be altered but he couldn't or wanted to tell how (as this was to much of an unknown to me I decided to not go that way and up till now I've never seen anybody actually do it). Easiest is probably to delete the cat although the cat on the Duc doesn't sound to be that limiting in sound as my bije is pretty darn loud😉

21 - 40 of 47 Posts