Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed these last weekend and just now got a chance to test ride.

Mother of god. Anyone still on the stock icon bars, you owe it to yourself to change the bars.

The huge wide bars may be cool on a mountain bike but they make the scrambler feel so awkward. The new bars bring your cg slightly forward and confidence and responsiveness feel notably improved.

I picked the mediums based on my fear of the “ultra low” being too low and causing issues with the brake line/speedo and the “low” having too much sweep for my taste. I’d love a little less sweep on the mediums... I may be on the lookout for something else but this gets me 90% stoked and is vastly better than the stock bar. We’ll see how a longer ride feels, I’ll report back in a week or so.

For 62 bucks I’m a happy dude today and I wish I did this sooner!

Sorry for the pics not being more demonstrative of the difference here I should have measured before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Plus, they're black and they look cool!
I bought the full throttle handlebar kit (comes with new risers and a speedo bracket). They are quite low and fatter, but I think yours look great.
I always thought the stock bars looked really goofy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The full throttle kit was my original plan since I like the 100% plug and play install but since I disliked the height and the width of the icon bars, and I realized I would have to shave my pins on my controls anyway (or re-drill) if I cut the FT bars down a few inches, I decided to try the cheapest option first thinking I could sell them @ a minimal loss if I wasn't happy with them. Still thrilled with these bars. Mirrors can still be positioned to be functional, though more of my shoulders are in the mirror than I used to see. They are still better than many bikes mirrors I've ridden.

I think perfection would be pretty close to these but with maybe 10-20% less sweep. I haven't ridden more than a half hour yet to test but I am a little concerned my wrists might not love the new angle. That was actually my only pro when thinking of the stock bars. even though they were vague and incommunicative, my hands were never sore or uncomfortable (my shoulders were though from the height).

Stamas: Yes they were straightforward to change. Take a photo before you start to make sure everything is oriented correctly when you put things back together. Shave the location pins with a dremel or file. Use a little electrical tape or a piece of bike tire tube to give the controls enough to grip on as you tighten into place. They will spin if you try to tighten without adding anything. Use a very light amount of soapy water or hairspray to slide the left grip onto the bar. I used too much and it took a while to dry. I like to squirt some in with a syringe to help remove the left grip as well. It can be a real pain to remove dry. If you have a small enough torque wrench it's always good to torque things properly. Note: the bar end plugs will not fit the new bars.

Weird issue: When I went to start it up the first time my starter automatically fired when I flipped the red cover up. Freaked me out but I loosened it up and re-tightened and it did not happen again. Possibly overtightened?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Alfred
remember you can add a Handlebar Risers to adjust more the handlebar position for a better ride...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Plus, they're black and they look cool!
I bought the full throttle handlebar kit (comes with new risers and a speedo bracket). They are quite low and fatter, but I think yours look great.
I always thought the stock bars looked really goofy.
I would like to replace my bars and levers bar is just too wide , can you give some more detail on your renthal bar you used ?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Mother of god. Anyone still on the stock icon bars, you owe it to yourself to change the bars.

The huge wide bars may be cool on a mountain bike but they make the scrambler feel so awkward. The new bars bring your cg slightly forward and confidence and responsiveness feel notably improved.

I picked the mediums based on my fear of the “ultra low” being too low and causing issues with the brake line/speedo and the “low” having too much sweep for my taste. I’d love a little less sweep on the mediums... I may be on the lookout for something else but this gets me 90% stoked and is vastly better than the stock bar. We’ll see how a longer ride feels, I’ll report back in a week or so.

Sorry for the pics not being more demonstrative of the difference here I should have measured before and after.

I would like to replace my bars and levers bar is just too wide , can you give some more detail on your renthal bar you used ?

·
Registered
15 Posts

HI I took a look at amazon for those bars, and I only see "
enthal Road Bars - Standard 7/8 (754 - Low) (Black)"
is this the bar that you put on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts