Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the FT bars on order,but I had some Renthal Motocross bars gathering dust in my garage (like you do) so
thought I would try them on the UE.
Well what a difference!
Firstly you feel more connected to the front wheel with great feedback.It's easier to counter steer now.
I feel less in the line of wind blast.
The ride feels much more sporty and I found myself right up against the tank when pressing on through the twisties.
Definitely made the right decision ordering the FT bars...:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Which bend did you install? How much was it for the FT clamps / speedo mount, presuming you put them on a non-FT?

Stu

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know the bend Stu.
They were only put on to see what effect lower bars would have on feel etc.
They are standard Renthals with brace bar.
The FT bars and mounts were £95,expected Wednesday.
Yes ,fitting to Urban Enduro....Full Throttle already have the FT bars!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks! Renthal has a 1 1/8" (28+mm) street bar that is low with a pullback similar to their MX bars. I was looking at that one. Just have to drill holes for the locating pin on the brake and clutch housings.

Stu

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will say that I couldn't keep these bars as the straight bit of bar wasn't quite long enough.The clutch and brake lever clamps Sat on the bend so we're cocked at a peculiar angle.Worked okay for my short term experiment though.So check the bars you are looking at.

Yes I drilled the bars to accommodate switch gear housings

·
Registered
72 Posts
Depending on the size of your hands you could just cut the throttle tube and grip and the grip on the other side to move the clamps toward the end of the bar and off the bend. I did that on a KTM that had an unacceptably wide switch gear. On the next KTM I just bought Sicass Racing's much narrower light/turnsignal switch for one side and the much narrower kill switch & ignition map switch for the other side and wired them in. That got the clutch and brake lever assemblies much closer to the end of the bar. If I go with the Renthal I may have to get the narrower switch gear and wire it in. Not a big deal. And, with the Sicass light switch you can turn the headlight off! They are also durable. Mine have been through rain, mud, pounded down trails and over rocks, briefly under water in a creek and they cleaned up just fine with WD-40.

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts